Advanced Hitting Camp
SMC BASEBALL CAMPS | Advanced Hitting Camp
Saint Mary’s College baseball is proud to announce an outstanding opportunity for any baseball player wanting to make a commitment toward the next level of the game for all skill levels. Come work with an outstanding group of instructors striving to advance your knowledge and skill in the art of hitting.
The Advanced Hitting Camp is a small-group based personal instructional camp. The camp is designed to cover various hitting drills and techniques in-depth for all skill levels. Camp is open to any and all player’s age 5 through those in the 8th grade. The emphasis of this camp is to teach and refine hitting fundamentals as well as help improve mechanics and offensive approach. Saint Mary’s coaches and players will teach the Saint Mary’s Baseball way of hitting. The focus of this camp is to provide instruction in an organized and enjoyable atmosphere over a 3 hour session.
Focus of the camp will be on the development of each player's offensive abilities. A hitting progression will be used to develop hitter's swing mechanics. Players will be separated into training groups by age and skill level. They will rotate through numerous stations designed to improve all aspects of the offensive part of the game of baseball. Groups will be limited to ensure for proper instruction. Sessions consist of:
- Players will hit on the field each day and utilize the batting cages for drill work (If Available).
- Individualized mechanical instruction in a small group setting
- Variety of drills to teach the fundamentals of hitting.
- Proper swing mechanics through drill progressions.
- Proper mental approach to hitting to maximize success at the plate.
- Foundation, Balance and Load
- Hand-eye coordination
- Proper weight transfer
- Off speed pitch hitting
- Hitting stations including Soft toss, live batting practice, tee work, and more.
- Situational hitting including bunting
Our staff is extremely experienced and has one common goal: to provide you with the tools necessary to produce a more effective and efficient swing.
Contact: Assistant Coach Daniel Costanza at 925-631-4658 or email@example.com
All Saint Mary’s Athletic camps are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).