Bears Prospect Clinic | August 3rd
Bears Prospect Clinic
Join Head Coach Kia McNeill and the Brown Women's Soccer Coaching Staff as they host soccer clinics created for players interested in playing at the next level. The clinics geared towards prospective student-athletes interested in the Brown Women’s Soccer program. It provides players an opportunity to be trained and coached by the current soccer staff and learn more about the Brown student-athlete experience. Key emphasis will be placed on three critical components of the game:
1. Technical Proficiency
2. Tactical Awareness / Speed of Play
3. Mental Poise and Confidence
The field sessions will involve scrimmages, multidimensional drills, and competitive small-sided games that will emphasize the intricacies of the beautiful game of soccer. The clinic is open to any and all entrants.
Location: Faxon Farm Athletic Complex | 160 Danforth Street, Rehoboth, MA 02769
PLEASE NOTE: This clinic is going to take place OFF CAMPUS at the Faxon Farm Athletic Complex because our athletic fields at Brown are being renovated this summer. This complex is about 8 miles (20 mins) from campus. Check-in and the duration of the clinic will be at Faxon Farm – NOT at Brown University.
This is NOT an overnight clinic. We do this with the intention of having you take advantage of the other things Brown University and Rhode Island have to offer. Here is a link with some of hotels in the area that would be willing to accommodate: Providence Hotels
Who: Prospective Student-Athletes from 9th-12th grade interested in elite level training. The clinic is open to any and all registrants.
Registration: Opens at 8:15am
Refunds: No refunds, however, your clinic credit can be applied to a future clinic held during the school year (September - May). Unfortunately summer clinics (June-August) operate separately here at Brown and any existing credit cannot be used for these specific clinics.
Questions: Please contact the Women’s Soccer Staff at email@example.com
- Please plan to bring a properly inflated ball, water bottle, shin guards, cleats/turfs, sneakers and a packed lunch or you can drive off-site to one of the many eateries close by.
- We will break for lunch between 12pm-1pm. Due to various dietary restrictions, lunch is not provided. There are several eateries close by within driving distance if you choose to go off-site for lunch. Otherwise you can bring a lunch with you.
- Other D1-D3 college coaches will be in attendance as well. Those schools will be confirmed closer to the clinic date.
Bears Elite Soccer Clinics are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).
This camp is not sponsored nor hosted by Brown University, but rather is under the sole supervision and control of the camp director and KMP, LLC.