Spring School | Spring Creek School - Fort Collins | Thursdays
Mighty Kicks Northern Colorado
Fort Collins | Spring Creek School
Start Date: April 4th, 2019
Ages: 3 - 5 Year Olds
Time: Thursdays at 3:00 PM
*15% Sibling Discount Available
Location: 1900 Remington St, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Sign up during registration for our new 2v2 League for just $25!
Open to players ages 4-5
Mighty Kicks is excited to announce our new 2v2 School League that we will be starting for all of our school partners this spring! Our focus has always been to develop children through soccer fun, and we are excited to add in a league that will give children a game experience adapted for their developmental level. The main purpose of our 2v2 League is to adapt the game of soccer for the kids in front of us instead of the other way around. Developed in Belgium, this 2v2 format puts the needs of young soccer players first. Young soccer players are cognitively and physically ready to develop dribbling and scoring (shooting) skills and time is best spent on developing these skills first. The high level of complexity of the full form of the game doesn't fit with the cognitive capacities of young players, while the 2v2 model is a great fit our Mighty Kicks participants.
We hope you'll join us in our 2v2 league, we want to adapt soccer to fit the players we work with instead of the other way around. Children have their own unique characteristics, needs, and wants, and we are thrilled to be more flexible and offer a playing format that fits the growth and developmental needs of our players.
Want to see an example of the 2v2 league in action? Watch this clip.
- Ages 4 – 5 year olds (coed teams)
- Teams will be formed with children from the same daycare/preschool
- Teams will consist of 3 - 4 players
- Games will be on a 10x20 yard field
- Game days will consist of 6 games for each team
- 6 minute games with 3 minute halves (fast pace games to keep interest level high)
Location | Dates | Times:
- All games will be held at Troutman Park in Fort Collins (map link)
- Games will be on Saturdays starting April 13th
- 5 week season (4/13, 4/20, 4/27, 5/4, 5/11)
- Game times will be in the morning from 9:30 – 11:30
- Shin guards and cleats are required for all participants
- Please bring water for your child.
- $25 per child
- This program is an add-on to the school program your child is already participating in. Please add $25 to your school registration fee.