Sundays | Learn To Skate Basic Skills Program
2019 Learn To Skate Basic Skills Program
The Ames Learn to Skate Basic Skills Program promotes ice skating and hockey in the community by providing safe, fun & high quality group instruction in accordance with Learn to Skate USA guidelines. Classes are offered year-round at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena, 1507 Gateway Hills Park Drive.
Programs Offered: Ask us if you need help determining the right class for you.
- Basic Classes 1-6: These levels introduce the fundamental moves of ice skating: forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, Mohawks and spins. Basic 1 is for beginners and those with little experience and above the age of 6.
- Snowplow Sam 1-4: Designed for children ages 3-6 with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning the basic skills of skating.
- Freestyle Classes - Pre-Free Skate – Freeskate 6: Introduction to more advanced figure skating skills. Skater must complete Pre-Freeskate to register.
- Adult Classes 1-6: Teen through senior citizens can enjoy learning beginner through advanced skills.
- Hockey 1-4: Fundamentals of hockey to help maneuver faster and be more agile on the ice. All elements will be taught without sticks.
Additional Information: If registrations are low, class levels may be combined. No makeup lessons. Dates subject to change due to ice availability.
There is a 5% processing fee if you pay with your credit card.
Questions Contact: Traci Kepley at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ames Figure Skating Club is dedicated to providing a safe, fun and supportive
environment for skaters of all ages and abilities to achieve their skating goals.