2019 Cornell College Summer Flute and Clarinet Camp
Cornell College Summer Flute & Clarinet Camp
June 17th - 20th
An audition is required unless you are studying privately with Rose or Lisa. We welcome musicians of all skills levels. The audition is used to group students according to skill level. Your auditions should be prepared after you have registered and submitted your program fee.
Please begin your audition with a brief introduction followed by a one minute performance and two scales. Please email a link to your audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 10. We recommend either Drop Box or Vimeo for video sharing. You’ll receive your audition results/placement level via email.
Your registration fee is only refundable in the unlikely event that the Flute and Clarinet Camps is cancelled due to low enrollment.
Enhance your performance skills through intensive study with our distinguished faculty of performers and college professors. Students entering college or entering high school grades 8-12 grade in fall 2019 are invited to Cornell College’s Summer Flute & Clarinet Camp. The program includes:
• Daily lunch and Thursday evening pizza party
• Daily master classes focused on solo repertoire and orchestral excerpts
• Music theory workshop
• Assistance with audition preparation (e.g. All-State)
• Faculty and guest artist recitals
• Flute choir, clarinet choir, and combined orchestra ensembles
• Final student recital in Cornell’s stunning Kimmel Theatre
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
• 9 – 10:00 a.m. Warm up and technique class
• 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Flute masterclass/Clarinet choir rehearsal
• 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Clarinet masterclass/Flute choir rehearsal
• 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Lunch
• 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. Rotating classes *
• 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. Rotating classes*
• 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. Combined flute and clarinet choir rehearsal
*The 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. classes will rotate daily and include:
music theory, auxiliary instruments (piccolo, alto, bass, and contrabass flutes), instrumental music careers panel discussion, audition preparation, & performance anxiety.
The final recital will be held at 5:30 p.m. on June 20 and is free-of-charge and open to the public.
If you would like additional information, please contact Julie Barnes, Director of Summer Programs, at email@example.com or 319.895.4350.