Elite College Prep Camp
Elite College Prep Camp
at the University of Mary Washington
The camp is designed for highly ranked junior players who have the background and desire to play a high level of college tennis. These players should be playing tournaments year around. UMW’s starters are typically between an 11-12 UTR but we recruit players in the 8’s to 10’s with the following characteristics: we believe they have high character, strong academics, are on a positive upward trend, have a strong work ethic, and we evaluate them as being an excellent fit in our program. This camp helps us learn about the players and the players to learn about our coaching staff and things to look for during their college search. Even if UMW is not on your list, this camp will help you understand the demands of playing college tennis and the recruiting process.
We have designed the camp to meet these goals while hopefully allowing players and parents to miss minimum time at home. It was intentionally scheduled on weekdays hoping no one would have to miss an important tournament or family event on a weekend. We understand the risk and will re-evaluate in the future. Hopefully most players can leave on Monday morning and make it to Fredericksburg on time and also return home Tuesday evening.
Numbers: Camp is limited to 16 players to ensure personal attention from our coaching staff. We reserve the right to expand on this number in particular circumstances, but we have every intention of limiting the camp to 16.
University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, VA
- 1:00-2:00 PM Arrival, check in at indoor tennis center.
- 2:15 PM – Program begins on court.
- 2:30-5:00 PM – Singles Philosophy, Drills, Point play
- 5:00-6:30 PM – Dinner at UMW UC
- 6:30 PM – Back to tennis courts, warm up.
- 7:00-9:00 PM – Singles Match Play…coaching during matches.
- 9:30-10:00 PM – Discussion on recruiting process
- 10:00 PM - Parent pick up, return to your accommodations for the night
- 9:00 AM – Meet at indoor tennis center.
- 9:15-12:00 PM – Doubles Philosophy, Drills and Point Play.
- 12:15-1:00 PM – Lunch at UMW UC
- 1:15 PM – Leave for courts.
- 1:30-4:00 PM – Doubles Drills and Match Play.
- 4:30PM – Q&A with parents, check out at indoor tennis center.
$350 includes instruction, camp shirt, online registration (no add on fee), designated meals during camp.
Things to Bring
We will provide Gatorade and snacks during all sessions, but please bring a water bottle and any other nutrition items you feel work best for you. Also bring all tennis gear, sunscreen, and change of clothes.
Players provide own housing during this two day camp.
There are countless hotel options within 5 miles of campus, including “Central Park” and historical downtown Fredericksburg.