2019 CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS
Location: Macc Annex Building- 350 Midway Drive, Kent, Ohio 44242
What To Bring:
COMPLETED tryout packet from the Kent State Athletic training site: http://kentstatesports.com/sports/2013/7/11/athletictraining.aspx?tab=athletictraining
***You will Not be allowed to participate without these forms filled out completely
- Current Head shot (Clear view of your face with current hair-color- does not have to be professional! The more accurate to what you look like on the day of tryouts the better!)
- Cheer shoes
- Any and All Medical and Physical needs- braces, inhalers
What to Wear:
- Do Not wear any attire representing another University
- Full Game-Day Make-up (professional look)
- Hair up in Ponytail/ Half-up with a Bow
- Blue Gold or White Sports Bra (Ladies) Plain White T-Shirt (Men)
- Navy Blue Shorts
- White Cheerleading Shoes
- ALL JEWELRY MUST BE REMOVED- NO EXCEPTIONS!
Requirements to make the Kent State University Cheerleading Program:
- A fitness test will be administered: Timed 1-Mile Run, Push-ups and Sit-ups
- Previous stunting experience not required, but recommended. We look for potential
- Standing Tumbling: Standing Tuck minimum (jumps to tuck and skills to layout or full preferred
- Running Tumbling: Tuck minimum (layouts, whip-passes, and fulls preferred
- Male Athletes: previous experience not required, but can be helpful in the tryout process. You are required to learn and master a toss-hands extension and begin work towards mastering a standing tuck
- You will learn and perform our Fight Song and a short sideline cheer. Both should incorporate a standing tuck.
- There is a short Interview Process
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU CANNOT PERFORM SKILLS YOU PERFORMED AT TRYOUTS AT OUR FIRST TEAM PRACTICE, YOU COULD BE CUT IMMEDIATELY!
Video Tryout Requirements
Females- Game day Make Up and Hair, Males- Clean Shaven, Both Male and Females-All Skills Must be performed on DEAD MAT/Turf or Grass (NO SPRING FLOOR)
- Jumps to tumbling (2 of the individuals best Jump to tumbling skills)
- Standing Tumbling (2 of the individuals best Standing tumbling skills)
- Running Tumbling (2 of the individuals best Running tumbling skills)
- Standing Tuck
- Any and all stunting experience the individual has (i.e. ALL Girl/Coed flying or backspotting, basing) versatility is a huge part this program
- The Fight Song performed with poms and tuck. If the individual does do not know the fight song please include a dance/fight song with poms and tuck in the material, a sideline chant and cheer.
- 30 second description of the individual and why they want to be a part of Kent State Cheer, and how if chosen they plan to be a model example of Kent State University
- All TRYOUT VIDEOS ARE DUE BY MAY 13th at MIDNIGHT. NO LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
QUESTIONS? Email Dboyle5@kent.edu
All Kent State camps or clinics are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).