Dance Team Tryout Prep
2020 Dance Team Tryout Prep Clinic
Open to: High school to college aged students
Time: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Cost: $50 per Clinic
- This clinic will be held in the upstairs dance room of the GCU Lopes Performance Center (formally known as the Rec) located just northeast of Antelope Gym.
- The Tryout Prep Clinic includes a collegiate jazz combination, hip hop combination, pom band chant/sideline, turns combination and required technical skills for GCU Dance Team Tryouts.
- All participants will receive written individual feedback from the GCU dance coaching staff and veteran team members regarding technique, performance, and interview skills.
- Participants will receive a packet with tips for college dance team tryouts and scoring rubrics for the GCU Dance Team audition.
- This clinic will include portions of the fitness assessment for dancers to pre-assess their scores for that segment of the tryout, in the environment of the tryout.
- Coaching staff will be awarding a “1st Cut By-Pass” to the top dancers attending the clinic who are registered applicants for the 2020 GCU Dance Team Tryout.
- Participants at this clinic may submit their packet by hand. This is the only opportunity for in-person delivery, all other tryout application must be postmarked by March 22nd, 2020.
- These clinics are not mandatory to audition for the GCU Dance Team, nor does it guarantee on a spot on the GCU Dance team.
- Please dress appropriately in dance style shorts or leggings, a t-shirt or tank, and bring athletic shoes and/or dance shoes. Please bring a writing utensil. You may also bring a refillable water bottle and light snack.
High School Senior? Email us at email@example.com for more information on visiting GCU with Discover GCU and getting the most of this day on campus!
Per NCAA rules, all sport camps and clinics conducted by Grand Canyon University are open to any and all entrants and enrollment is only limited based on age, grade level, gender, or number restrictions as specified by each camp.