Fridays | 4:50pm - 5:30pm | Ames Learn To Skate USA Program
2019 - 2020 Learn To Skate Basic Skills Program
The Ames Learn to Skate Basic Skills Program promotes ice skating and hockey in the community by providing safe, fun & high quality group instruction in accordance with Learn to Skate USA guidelines. Classes are offered year-round at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena, 1507 Gateway Hills Park Drive.
We are sorry to inform you that the Ames Ice Arena will be temporarily closed until May 15th due to COVID-19. This closure does affect our annual Spring Show in April as well as our Learn to Skate program. The Ames Figure Skating Board will be discussing plans for our skating events over the next few days and provide additional updates soon. We will continue to keep you updated as the situation progresses. Thank you for understanding. If you have any questions please direct them to AFSCPresident@yahoo.com.
Programs Offered: Ask us if you need help determining the right class for you.
- Basic Classes 1-6: These levels introduce the fundamental moves of ice skating: forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, Mohawks and spins. Basic 1 is for beginners and those with little experience and above the age of 6.
- Snowplow Sam 1-4: Designed for children ages 3-6 with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning the basic skills of skating.
- Freestyle Classes - Pre-Free Skate – Freeskate 6: Introduction to more advanced figure skating skills. Skater must complete Pre-Freeskate to register.
- Adult Classes 1-6: Teen through senior citizens can enjoy learning beginner through advanced skills.
- Hockey 1-4: Fundamentals of hockey to help maneuver faster and be more agile on the ice. All elements will be taught without sticks.
Additional Information: If registrations are low, class levels may be combined. No makeup lessons. Dates subject to change due to ice availability.
There is a 5% processing fee if you pay with your credit card.
Questions Contact: Traci Kepley at email@example.com
The Ames Figure Skating Club is dedicated to providing a safe, fun and supportive
environment for skaters of all ages and abilities to achieve their skating goals.