Young Artist Competition
2019 PUEBLO KEYBOARD ARTS FESTIVAL
The 2019 Festival weekend offers a number of opportunities for your students:
- The Young Artist Piano Competition, 9:00 a.m., November 2, offers cash prizes in Junior, Senior, and Concerto divisions. This event gives students opportunity to showcase their accomplishments at the keyboard. The experience will prove positive and valuable for their growth as they present seasoned repertoire, or a new program, preparing for bigger competitions and important performances.
INFORMATION AND REGULATIONS FOR YOUNG ARTIST COMPETITION PKAF 2019
- Applications for the YA Competition must be received by: October, 25th, 2019
- Entry Fee: Young Artist Competition Application fee-$30.
- Dates: The competition will be held on Saturday, November 2nd, 2019, starting at 9:00a.m., in Hoag Recital Hall on the campus of Colorado State University-Pueblo located at 2200 Bonforte Blvd., Pueblo, CO 81001.
- Eligibility: The Young Artist Piano Competition is open to piano students living in or studying with a teacher residing in the State of Colorado.
Divisions: There are three competition divisions:
- Junior Division (Age 11-14)
- Senior Division (Age 15-18)
- Concerto Competition (Age 11-18) (Contestants are evaluated on quality of execution and NOT on difficulty of repertoire)
Prizes: Winners and runners up in each division will receive cash prizes AND SoCoAMC Scholarships as follows:
- Solo Junior: Winner: $100 + full room and board to the 2020 SoCo Adventure Music Camp
- Runners up: $50+ full room and board to the 2020 SoCo Adventure Music Camp
- Solo Senior: Winner: $400 + full room and board to the 2020 SoCo Adventure Music Camp
- Runner Up: $200 + full room and board to the 2020 SoCo Adventure Music Camp
- Concerto Competition: Winner: $300+ full room and board to the 2020 SoCo Adventure Music Camp
- Runner Up: $100 +full room and board to the 2020 SoCo Adventure Camp
- At the conclusion of the award ceremony, the winner’s and runner up’s parents/legal guardians will be invited to fill out brief paperwork, which will allow CSU-Pueblo to issue checks to the winning participants which will be mailed out in a standard 30 day period.
- Ceremony: Participant’s certificates and division winners/runner ups will be identified and awarded at the Winner’s Recital which will take place in the early afternoon (usually starting at 1.00pm) of November 2, 2019, Hoag Recital Hall, at a time to be announced after the application deadline of October 25. Participant’s certificates and awards cannot be mailed and are automatically forfeit if participant is not present at the ceremony.
Repertoire: Each participant from each solo division is required to perform two selections of contrasting style/era by memory (for example: Baroque/Romantic, Romantic/20th century) that best represent their abilities. It is recommended that at least one of the pieces demonstrates technical proficiency.
The Concerto Competition participants are required to perform a complete movement of a Piano Concerto from the standard repertoire. Concerto Competition participants are required to provide their own accompanists for the second piano orchestral reduction.
- Scores: Please bring original scores for all repertoire performed at the Competition. The scores cannot be photocopied and will be available for return at the registration table during the scheduled breaks for the event.
- The Juries’ decisions are final. The Jury at their discretion reserves the right not to award all prizes
Competition mailing address:
Pueblo Keyboard Arts Festival
Attn: Dr. Zahari Metchkov
2200 Bonforte Blvd.
CSU-Pueblo, Department of Music
Pueblo, CO 81001-4901