American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification | September
2019-2020 American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Classes
NEW LGI's - American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor Certification (LGI)
The primary purpose of the American Red Cross Basic Lifeguarding Instructor Course is to train instructors to teach the basic-level American Red Cross Lifeguarding courses. The care steps outlined within this manual are consistent with the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR) 2015 International Consensus on Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care Science with Treatment Recommendations (CoSTR) and the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care. This manual also reflects the United States Lifeguarding Standards: A Review and Report of the United States Lifeguarding Coalition, a collaborative effort of the American Red Cross, the United States Lifesaving Association and the YMCA of the USA.
Prerequisites - Candidates Must:
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course.
- Possess a current basic-level certification in Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED.
- Successfully complete the online Introduction to the Lifeguarding Instructor Course prior to the precourse skills session via the class roster and online content completion status report.
Obtain all instructor and participant materials before entering the first session of the instructor course. Materials consist of:
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Instructor’s Manual (print).
- Lifeguarding course presentation and/or DVD.
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Manual (print or digital).
PLEASE email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in a class. We must have 3 people to hold a valuable class. We are looking summer dates to schedule a new class.
Time: 7:30am - 4:00pm