Indoor Invitational | January 18th
2020 Softball Indoor Invitational
DATES: January 18th, 25th, 26th; February 9th, 16th
TIMES: 8:00 AM-9:00 PM – 1 hour drop dead time limit on all games
AGES: Age Groups: 10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U
PLACE: JFC (Johnson Fitness Center located on the campus of Washington College)
COST: Two Game Minimum - $90.00 a game
DISCOUNT: $85.00 a game if registered for 4 or more games (discount will be applied at checkout)
Registration Deadline: December 20th, 2019 by mail
Games per division are based on how many teams sign up for each date. Times will not be assigned to teams until after registration.
|Teams are registered on a first come, first serve basis. Please return no later than the above deadline. Mail to: Washington College Softball and mail to 300 Washington Ave. Chestertown, MD 21620. Make checks payable to Washington College Softball. Age groups for each day of the weekend will be based of level of interest for that day, please note if there is a day within that weekend that your team can not play.|
Applications may not be faxed and must include full payment by check. All checks should be made payable to Washington College Softball.
REFUNDS: Refunds will only be given in the event of inclement weather. Inclement weather information can be obtained from Lacey Lister. She will either email or call you as soon as the information has become available. Office Phone: 410-810-7463 Cell: 443-480-6589
WASHINGTON COLLEGE SOFTBALL INDOOR INVITATIONAL RULES ONE HOUR GAME
- First game start time TBD
- All games following start will start 10 minutes after the previous game finishes. (See schedules posted on the web and at check in tables. This should allow more than enough time to take the field, get set up, and start your game on time.
- First inning both teams will bat twice (three outs empty bases and start again).
- Move on and off the field quickly.
- The more organized you are, the more inning you can play.
- After sixty (60) minutes of play, the umpire will stop the game - NO MATTER WHAT!
- All teams must have a copy of insurance at check in.
- Hitters will start with one ball and one strike count
- Bunting is allowed.
- No stealing or sliding.
- Three runs per inning (inning ends when third run scores unless 3 outs occur 1st).
- Pitchers will have three warm-up pitches.
- Once around the field for warm up.
- First base will have 2 bases, white for the fielder and orange for the runner.
- Washington College will supply yellow game balls. (Juggs softie)
- Free substitution, but you will need to notify umpires/opposing team of all changes.
BEFORE AND AFTER GAME
- Teams will warm-up in #1 area and NOWHERE ELSE. Only the two teams who are scheduled for the next game may be in the warm-‐‑up area. Each team will have use of half of area #1. No one besides the teams warming up will be permitted in this area. Curtains are to remain shut.
- Game teams will move from warm-up area to playing field five minutes before the start of their game. (We will use the time indicated on the gym clocks)
- First team listed on schedule is home team.
- Starting lineup must be on the field and ready to go one minute after team’s starting time.
- Hitting team will do the same and hitters will wear helmets with face guards.
- After the game, teams will move quickly from playing area and clean up as they leave. You will only be permitted to exit and enter the playing field in the designated areas.
- Family and friends are welcome to watch the games but should supply their own chairs.
- Concessions stand will be open with food and drinks.
- In case of inclement weather Lacey Lister will wither get in contact with you via email or phone call.
- Lacey Lister, Head Softball Coach, Office Phone: 410-810-7463, Cell: 443-480-6589