Attack & Score Camp
2020 ATTACK & SCORE CAMP
|JUNE 24TH - 25TH|
Grades: 5 - 12
Check-In: 9:00 - 9:45a.m., June 24th
(This is a commuter camp)
New for 2020: The following deadlines exist for operational planning in order to provide the best overall camp experience.
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER: June 8th, 2020 (the camp link will close on this date at 11:00pm)
- DEADLINE TO PAY any BALANCE DUE: June 8th, 2020
Hosted at the Wolverines' state-of-the-art Bahna Wrestling Center, the Michigan Attack & Score Camp will feature two days of takedown technique and organized drilling instruction. Both offensive and counter-offensive (defense) technique and positioning will be covered and we will emphasize versatility in high and low attacks to both sides of the body. Instruction will include establishing control ties to multiple set-ups and finishes for single legs, double legs, high crotches and other takedowns; as well as counter attacks. A fun training aspect of "sparring" will also be implemented during the camp sessions to learn, further develop, and improve technique and essential chain wrestling skills.
This camp will run from Wednesday to Thursday with daily sessions from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 12:45 - 2:45 p.m. Registration will be Wednesday from 9:00 - 9:45 a.m. Sessions will be organized and taught by the University of Michigan wrestling camp staff. Participants will be responsible for their own lunch. Parents are welcome to observe all camp sessions; bleacher seating is available for spectators. Wireless internet connetion is also available.
Camp Highlights and Features:
- Held at the state-of-the-art Bahna Wrestling Center where the Wolverines practice
- 8 hours of individual instruction
- Exposure to techniques / training currently used at the elite levels of collegiate wrestling
- Versatility in offensive and counter-offensive attacks will be stressed
- Organized drilling and sparring segments will be implemented
- Competitive live and position wrestling
- Commuters only; no housing will be provided
Bahna Wrestling Center
2350 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with 10 or more wrestlers are eligible for the following discounts. Please email Jeanne Loveland at email@example.com with the names of the prospective wrestlers you will have attending camps to receive a discount code to enter when registering.
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
**To receive the multiple camp discount you must have both camps loaded into the cart at the time of check out.
Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
**To receive the sibling discount, both campers must be in the same cart at the time of check out.
Refund Policy: There is a $125 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (firstname.lastname@example.org) 2 weeks prior to the start of camp. Due to costs the camp incurs within the two week time frame and due to the inability to allow other campers to fill the cancelled space, we cannot refund money after this point. There will also be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
- New - If you would like to have your physical reviewed, you may upload it to your account or bring it to check-in. If submitting a physical, please make sure it was completed by a doctor and dated within the past 12 months from the start of camp. A copy of a PHYSICAL FORM is NOT required for participation in camp.
- Upload Physical Examination Information Form (Optional)
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.