Leg Riding Intensive Camp
2020 LEG RIDING INTENSIVE CAMP
|JUNE 26TH - 27TH|
Grades: 5 - 12
Check-In: 9:00 - 9:45a.m., June 26th
(This is a commuter camp)
New for 2020: The following deadlines exist for operational planning in order to provide the best overall camp experience.
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER: June 12th, 2020 (the camp link will close on this date at 11:00pm)
- DEADLINE TO PAY any BALANCE DUE: June 12th, 2020
Hosted at the Wolverines' state-of-the-art Bahna Wrestling Center, the Michigan Leg Riding Intensive Camp will feature two days of technique and drilling to develop an in depth understanding for both leg riding offense and defense through an immersion in the following areas: How to effectively get the "legs" in, a series of actions and reactions to control an opponent and ultimately work for the fall, how to keep the "legs" out from the bottom position and how to defend and wrestle from the bottom against a leg rider. Similar to wrestling on the feet, organized drilling and sparring to learn, further develop and improve technique will also be implemented during the camp sessions.
This camp will run from Friday to Saturday with daily sessions from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 12:45 - 2:45 p.m. Registration will be Friday from 9:00 - 9:45 a.m. Sessions will be organized and taught by the University of Michigan wrestling camp staff. Participants will be responsible for their own lunch. Parents are welcome to observe all camp sessions; bleacher seating is available for spectators. Wireless internet connection is also available.
Camp Highlights and Features:
- Held at the state-of-the-art Bahna Wrestling Center where the Wolverines practice
- 8 hours of individual instruction on a leg riding series
- A proven system of successful leg riding technique for all levels of wrestling
- Organized drilling and sparring segments will be implemented
- Live position wrestling for techniques covered
- Commuters only; no housing will be provided
Bahna Wrestling Center
2350 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with 10 or more wrestlers are eligible for the following discounts. Please email Jeanne Loveland at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the prospective wrestlers you will have attending camps to receive a discount code to enter when registering.
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
**To receive the multiple camp discount you must have both camps loaded into the cart at the time of check out.
Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
**To receive the sibling discount, both campers must be in the same cart at the time of check out.
Refund Policy: There is a $125 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (email@example.com) 2 weeks prior to the start of camp. Due to costs the camp incurs within the two week time frame and due to the inability to allow other campers to fill the cancelled space, we cannot refund money after this point. There will also be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
- New - If you would like to have your physical reviewed, you may upload it to your account or bring it to check-in. If submitting a physical, please make sure it was completed by a doctor and dated within the past 12 months from the start of camp. A copy of a PHYSICAL FORM is NOT required for participation in camp.
- Upload Physical Examination Information Form (Optional)
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.