Women's Wrestling Camp
2020 WOMEN'S WRESTLING CAMP
|JUNE 28TH - JULY 1ST|
Grades: 6th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., June 28th
Resident Cost: $525 (Housing & Meals)
4th Meal now included in camp cost
New for 2020: The following deadlines exist for operational planning in order to provide the best overall camp experience.
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER: June 14th, 2020 (the camp link will close on this date at 11:00pm)
- DEADLINE TO PAY any BALANCE DUE: June 14th, 2020
After the great success of our inaugural women's camp last summer, we are excited to grow and expand the camp in 2020! World silver medalist Sarah Hildebrandt is slated to return as our head women's clinician and will be assisted by our outstanding world-class staff, teaching the most successful techniques used by elite wrestlers.
This camp, which moves to a four-day format in 2020, will concentrate on both folkstyle and freestyle wrestling technique, drilling and live wrestling and include technique, drills and position wrestling from the feet and on the mat. Instruction will cover hand fighting to control tie-ups, multiple set-ups, counter-attacks, zone work and tactics of high-percentage scoring technique. Effective turns on top with an emphasis on transitioning into a turn off the takedown, including variations of the leg lace, gut wrench, tilts, crotch lifts, leg-riding turns and turks. Sparring will also be implemented during the camp sessions to learn, further develop and improve technique and essential chain wrestling skills.
For over 40 years, the Michigan Wrestling Camps have been held on the beautiful University of Michigan campus, and we are excited to continue to help grow and advance women's wrestling.
Come join the WOLVERINES at our Women’s Wrestling Camp and learn from the best!
Camp Highlights and Features:
- 15 hours of technical Instruction
- Exposure to techniques/training currently used at the elite levels of wrestling
- Organized drilling, sparring, and position wrestling
- Versatility in offensive and counter-offensive attacks will be stressed
- Organized drilling and sparring segments will be implemented
- Competitive live and position wrestling
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with 10 or more wrestlers are eligible for the following discounts. Please email Jeanne Loveland at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the prospective wrestlers you will have attending camps to receive a discount code to enter when registering.
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
**To receive the multiple camp discount you must have both camps loaded into the cart at the time of check out.
Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
**To receive the sibling discount, both campers must be in the same cart at the time of check out.
UM Indoor Training Center
1150 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Refund Policy: There is a $125 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (email@example.com) 2 weeks prior to the start of camp. Due to costs the camp incurs within the two week time frame and due to the inability to allow other campers to fill the cancelled space, we cannot refund money after this point. There will also be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
- New - If you would like to have your physical reviewed, you may upload it to your account or bring it to check-in. If submitting a physical, please make sure it was completed by a doctor and dated within the past 12 months from the start of camp. A copy of a PHYSICAL FORM is NOT required for participation in camp.
- Upload Physical Examination Information Form (Optional)
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.