2020 TECHNIQUE CAMP
|JUNE 28TH - JULY 1ST|
Grades: 6th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., June 28th
Resident Cost: $495 (Housing & Meals)
4th Meal now included in camp cost
New for 2020: The following deadlines exist for operational planning in order to provide the best overall camp experience.
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER: June 14th, 2020 (the camp link will close on this date at 11:00pm)
- DEADLINE TO PAY any BALANCE DUE: June 14th, 2020
For over 40 years, the Michigan Wrestling Camps have been held on the beautiful University of Michigan campus. Our Technique Camp, one of the finest in the nation, has been one of the most popular camps in the Midwest for over four decades. Michigan Wrestling is consistently regarded among the top programs in the country, and it only makes sense to learn from the best!
We have an outstanding staff and we teach the most successful technique used by elite wrestlers. This camp will include technique, drills, and position wrestling from the feet, top and bottom position. Instruction will cover hand fighting to control tie-ups, multiple set-ups, counter-attacks, and tactics of high-percentage scoring technique on the feet. Effective riding and mat returns with an emphasis on turning and pinning will be taught from the top position, which includes breakdowns, wrist rides, tilts, arm bars, and cradles. With an offensive mindset from the bottom position, instruction will focus on high percentage techniques for maintaining a base, escapes, and reversals.
We feature guest lectures, a tournament, developmental and recreational games, which will guarantee a successful week for any wrestler who aspires to be a champion. Teaching and learning winning technique and strategies is our primary focus, but providing a fun "total clinic experience" is also important to our staff. Come join the Wolverines for a week at our Technique Camp and learn from the best!
Camp Highlights and Features:
- One of the most successful camps in the Midwest!
- 15 hours of technical instruction
- Basic to advanced skills and winning technique will be emphasized
- Organized drilling, sparring, and position wrestling
- Individual tournament by weight class
- Awards given to individual champions
UM Indoor Training Center
1150 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with 10 or more wrestlers are eligible for the following discounts. Please email Jeanne Loveland at firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the prospective wrestlers you will have attending camps to receive a discount code to enter when registering.
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
**To receive the multiple camp discount you must have both camps loaded into the cart at the time of check out.
Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
**To receive the sibling discount, both campers must be in the same cart at the time of check out.
Refund Policy: There is a $125 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (email@example.com) 2 weeks prior to the start of camp. Due to costs the camp incurs within the two week time frame and due to the inability to allow other campers to fill the cancelled space, we cannot refund money after this point. There will also be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
- New - If you would like to have your physical reviewed, you may upload it to your account or bring it to check-in. If submitting a physical, please make sure it was completed by a doctor and dated within the past 12 months from the start of camp. A copy of a PHYSICAL FORM is NOT required for participation in camp.
- Upload Physical Examination Information Form (Optional)
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.