2020 HEAVYWEIGHT CAMP
|JUNE 28TH - JULY 1ST|
Grades: 8th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 - 11:30 a.m., June 28th
Resident Cost: $495 (Housing & Meals)
4th Meal now included in camp cost
New for 2020: The following deadlines exist for operational planning in order to provide the best overall camp experience.
- DEADLINE TO REGISTER: June 14th, 2020 (the camp link will close on this date at 11:00pm)
- DEADLINE TO PAY any BALANCE DUE: June 14th, 2020
Over the years, the Michigan wrestling program has continued to develop outstanding heavyweights that have succeeded at the national and international level. Heavyweight is the most unique weight class in wrestling as it relates to body type and size / weight variance. With that in mind, the Michigan Heavyweight Camp concentrates on techniques and strategies that have proven successful for heavyweight wrestlers in all three positions: feet, top, and bottom. Assisting our camp staff in the week-long instruction will be the current Wolverine heavyweights.
We invite and welcome 200 - 300 pound wrestlers to our Heavyweight camp. We typically have had many in this weight range attend over the years. Come join us at the Michigan Heavyweight Camp and learn to dominate the "Big Boys" !
Camp Highlights and Features:
- One of the top heavyweight camps in the country
- 15 hours of technical instruction
- Upper and lower body techniques and tactics
- Position wrestling
- Individual tournament by weight class
- Awards given to individual champions
UM Indoor Training Center
1150 South State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
See more information on our Facility description page. Click here.
Team Discount: Teams attending camp with 10 or more wrestlers are eligible for the following discounts. Please email Jeanne Loveland at email@example.com with the names of the prospective wrestlers you will have attending camps to receive a discount code to enter when registering.
- 10 - 19 Wrestlers: $15 savings per wrestler
- 20 or more Wrestlers: $20 savings per wrestler
Multiple Camp Discount: Wrestlers who attend multiple weeks of camp will receive an additional $35 discount off their subsequent camp(s).
**To receive the multiple camp discount you must have both camps loaded into the cart at the time of check out.
Sibling Discount: Families who send multiple children to camp will receive a $35 discount on second and subsequent siblings.
**To receive the sibling discount, both campers must be in the same cart at the time of check out.
Refund Policy: There is a $125 non-refundable deposit. All cancellations must be communicated to Jeanne Loveland (firstname.lastname@example.org) 2 weeks prior to the start of camp. Due to costs the camp incurs within the two week time frame and due to the inability to allow other campers to fill the cancelled space, we cannot refund money after this point. There will also be no refunds given after the start of camp.
Note: Please have all medical / insurance information handy prior to beginning online registration. You will be asked to provide medical history, insurance information, etc.
- New - If you would like to have your physical reviewed, you may upload it to your account or bring it to check-in. If submitting a physical, please make sure it was completed by a doctor and dated within the past 12 months from the start of camp. A copy of a PHYSICAL FORM is NOT required for participation in camp.
- Upload Physical Examination Information Form (Optional)
Open to any and all entrants; limited only by number, age, grade level, and/or gender.