Technique Challenge Camp
All imaginable areas of wrestling are covered by our world class staff. Come and learn advanced and basic techniques, including: takedowns, pins, near falls, escapes, reversals, and riding. Also, we cover strength and conditioning, proper weight loss and nutrition, as well as mental attitude. We reinforce aggressive, mentally tough wrestling through basic skills and repetitive drills. Campers will be divided among groups of the same caliber, and will receive attention from all the staff.
• Wrestlers from age 8 and up will realize the benefits from our camp which will focus on individual skill levels regardless of age. Our entire staff is specially trained on the mental motivation as well as the technical instruction of the developing elementary, junior high and high school wrestlers.
• Technique Camp cost is $375 for NEW air conditioned suite style housing. There are discounts available; please see the “Camps and General Information” section for more information. Commuter rate is $285.
• Check in Sunday from 3:00 to 5:00 PM, *Dinner at 5pm and check out last day will be Wednesday from 11AM to 12PM. Early arrival and late check out can be arranged; Dinner will be the first meal of the camp on the first day, and breakfast will be the last meal of the camp on the last day.
Consider these important facts about our camp:
1. With one of the best staffs in the country, comprised of successful high school and collegiate coaches and elite athletes, you will receive the most advanced technical instruction available.
2. We promise to place an equal amount of emphasis on the fun and motivational aspects of wrestling. When you leave our camp, you should have a new-found enjoyment for the sport. You should be motivated to prepare for the best season of your career!
Technique Camp Typical Day:
Each day includes:
- 3 Technique Sessions (approximately 5-6 hours of instruction)
- Daily Motivational Speaker featuring Head Coach Matt Hill, Bruce Baumgartner and Mike DePalma
- Optional Live Wrestling: Bring your headgear as the day will include live wrestling and we will have our Camp Champ Takedown Tournament!!!!!!
- Free Time includes swimming in our Olympic size indoor pool, watching wrestling videos and movies