Lifeguard Training Course | February 21st-23rd
Lifeguard Training Course
This course is designed to teach lifeguards, as professional rescuers, the skills needed to prevent injuries, prepare for and respond appropriately to drowning, injury, breathing, and cardiac emergencies. This approximately 28-hour training will train participants to the newly released lifeguard program, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid. Qualifying participants will receive an American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, First Aid and CPR certifications valid for two years.
Classroom materials are available to borrow during the course at no additional charge. Course manuals are available for purchase and are also available at no charge in digital format, please ask for details.
***This course is a “Blended Learning” which combined online learning with on-site skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Please plan to complete the initial online lessons of your training at least two days prior to your first on-site skills session. ***
- be at least 15 years old by end of class
- be able to swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing
- be able to tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs
- be able to complete a 20-yards back-and-forth swim with surface dive to retrieve a 10-pound object from a depth of 7-10 feet, under 1 minute 40 seconds
- February 21st | Friday, 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- February 22nd | Saturday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- February 23rd | Sunday, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Must attend all scheduled classes to pass
- $250 SJC students (includes Red Cross fees)(use code for SJCLG)
- $350 community members (includes Red Cross fees)
For participants that fail to pass the pre-course skills or withdraw within 5 days of the course, a refund minus $75 will be mailed to the participant. Participation in the course does not guarantee successful completion. Should the course participant fail to successfully complete the course, drop out of the course, or not attend the course, no refund will be issued. Successful or unsuccessful completion is at the sole discretion of the instructor and/or Saint Joseph’s College.