Start & Turn Camp
**Price includes Online Processing Fees**
Bobcat Swim Camp at Bates College
Start & Turn Camp
For the High School Camper focused on swimming in college, we have the Primary Stroke Camp and/or the Start and Turn Camp. These are three day camps which are very specialized for campers 13 and older.
Start and Turn Camp is three days of how to get off the blocks faster, and how to make the most of your turns in every race. Tons of video work, drills, and progressions to help the latest info stick!
Each swimmer’s starts and turns will be video recorded on the first day. Campers will be assigned to a group according to skill level, age, and athletic ability. Our camper to staff ratio is approximately five to one. Throughout the camp a college coach will critique each camper’s start and turn, and meet with them twice one on one. Camp will also include:
- A minimum of two daily pool sessions, including one devoted to drills and technique.
- Three classroom sessions on streamlining, starts, and turns.
- At least one session on power and resistance training.
- One-on-one critique sessions of individual camper’s starts and turns.
- Discussions on “race strategy” and the latest advances in starts and turn technique.
As usual we will limit enrollment in order to keep our numbers in a range where instruction is paramount - and the personal touch remains (approximately 90 campers each session).
*15% Discount - Register for both the Primary and Start & Turn Camps and save!
- Overnight $960.50
- Day Camp $790.50
Bates College, Merrill Gymnasium, 141 Russell Street, Lewiston, ME 04240
Non refundable $200 deposit
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me directly: 207 786 8264 or Bobcatswimcamp@gmail.com.