MUS Basketball Camp | Grades Rising 8th - 10th
MUS Basketball Camp
Campers will work with MUS coaches and players to develop their basketball skills and their understanding of the game. Coaches will implement fun drills, games, and competitions designed to provide instructive and competitive developmental opportunities.
**COVID-19 ADJUSTMENTS: MUS BASKETBALL CAMP FORMAT WILL UNDERGO ADJUSTMENTS TO REFLECT CURRENT CDC, SHELBY COUNTY, AND MEMPHIS UNIVERSITY SCHOOL POLICIES SO THAT WE CAN DO OUR BEST TO PROVIDE A SAFE ENVIRONMENT FOR OUR CAMPERS. PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING LIST OF CHANGES TO THE STRUCTURE OF MUS BASKETBALL CAMP:
- Registration – Campers and parents can register and pay through their online account on our website. Space is currently limited due to restrictions on the allowable number of campers per sessions (6 players per gym, 2 gyms). It is important to send an email to camp director David Willson at firstname.lastname@example.org with confirmation that your child is planning to attend camp, with requests for available session times, and with a signed copy of the additional COVID-19 release form. Also, camp cost has been reduced to $265.00, so those who have previously registered and paid will receive a refund through our online payment system.
- Camp Check-In – Campers will be dropped off by parents at the bottom of the stairs in front of the Sue Hyde Athletics Complex. A camp staff member will check the camper’s temperature and will ask the camper whether or not they have experienced any COVID-related symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, sudden loss of taste or smell), whether the camper has been tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or whether the camper has knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days. If the camper is able to answer “No” to each of these questions, the camper will continue up the stairs to the lobby of the Ross M. Lynn Arena where they will be directed to the proper gym and basket. Parents are asked to arrive between 5 to 10 minutes of their child’s session start time.
- What to Bring – Campers will be expected to bring their own masks each day, their own water bottle(s), and their own basketball (each camper will be provided with an MUS Basketball Camp ball at check-in on day one). Campers are required to wear a mask on the way into the gym and on the way out of the gym. They will not be required to wear the mask once their camp session begins at their basket.
- Social Distancing and Other Safety Measures – Campers will be assigned to their own basket in one of our gyms and will remain at that basket for the entire session. They will receive coaching from a coach who maintains at least six feet of social distancing. While many of the drills, competitions, and games for the campers will be interactive between other campers in the gym, none will involve contact or close proximity to other campers. Campers will only use their basketballs and camp staff will eliminate common touch points (doors will be propped open, water fountains will be off-limits, bathrooms are only for emergencies and will be limited to one camper at a time, etc..). Facilities will be sanitized and thoroughly cleaned each day. Campers will be offered hand sanitizer as they enter the gym and as they leave the gym.
- Pick-Up – Campers will be picked up on the curb at the bottom of the stairs in front of the Sue Hyde Sports Complex. If it is raining, they will be allowed to wait at the top of the stairs outside the lobby under the overhang until their ride arrives. Campers will be supervised at all times and will be expected to maintain social distancing. Please be ready to pick up your camper one hour after their camp sessions begins.
- Camp Sessions – The available camp sessions are listed below. Each camper will participate in one camp session per day. Again, please contact email@example.com to communicate which sessions are unavailable for your camper so that we can begin to organize our campers into sessions.
What to Bring:
Your camp ball (which you will receive on your first day of camp check-in), a water bottle, and a mask. Campers will receive a camp t-shirt on the last day of camp to go along with their camp ball.