Thank you for your interest in Nursing Camp. As part of the registration process, you are required to submit two recommendation forms and a paragraph detailing your interest in nursing. This information can be emailed to email@example.com. Upon your acceptance into camp, you will receive an email from the Northern Nebraska Area Health Education Center requesting you schedule a job shadow prior to camp. The experiences you have while shadowing a nurse will be discussed at the camp in June.
Financial assistance is available for Nursing Camp.
Consideration for financial assistance will not be confirmed until the recommendation forms and personal paragraph have been received.
2020 WSC-UNMC Nursing Camp
Wayne State College and University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing
|June 2 & 3, 2020|
Ages: 15-17 (Grades 10-12; May have completed 12th Grade)
Resident: $110 (includes overnight stay on-campus & 4 meals)
Commuter: $95 (includes 4 meals)
Note: Resident students must bring their own sleeping bag, pillow and towel.
- Day 1 at Wayne State College – Wayne, Nebraska
- Day 2 at University of Nebraska Medical Center College – Norfolk, Nebraska
8:30 a.m. Check-in at the residence hall (hall to be determined)
Learn about the brain and heart with interactive demonstrations
- 8:15 a.m. Check-in at PV Library in the Carhart Science Building.
- 8:30 a.m. Depart WSC for UNMC Norfolk Campus (arrive at 9 a.m.)
- Application of day one activities in the professional nursing role.
- Use of simulation mannequins and 3D virtual technology.
- Return to WSC by 4:30 p.m.
Contact: Kristi Brummels, (402) 844-7891, firstname.lastname@example.org