Aquatics Programs | Lifeguard Classes | Session 1R | Re-Certification Class
2020 Lifeguard & CPR Classes
All lifeguarding sessions includes lifeguard skills, first aid, and CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
DO NOT REGISTER FOR CPR SEPARATELY UNLESS YOU JUST NEED CPR AND NOT THE LIFEGUARDING/FIRST AID PART
PLEASE NOTE: Sessions 1R & 2R are re-certification classes. You must have a current lifeguard certification coming up for renewal. They are valid for two years from your original certification.
Session 1C is a full certification class. You must be 15 years of age to participate.
CPR Recertification is the professional rescuers class that is required for lifeguards and must be renewed every year
Lifeguard Re-Certification Class Fee: $175.00
Lifeguard Certification Class Fee: $350.00
Waterfront: Additional $35.00 This segment requires additional class time which will be determined at class
CPR for the Professional Rescuers re-certification: $50.00
Ending times each day are approximate based on class size.
- Participants must be at least 15 years of age to sign up for the certification class
- Participants must complete the pre-requisite in order to get into the class:(for both certification and re-certification classes)
- a) swim 300 yards (550 for waterfront) continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing using the front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both - goggles may be used
- b) tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs, hands should be under the armpits
- c) swim out 20 yards, face may be in or out of the water, surface dive (feet first or head first) and retrieve 10 lb. diving brick from 7-10 feet of water, return to the surface and swim on the back returning to starting point with both hands holding the brick, face should be at the surface and not underwater (no goggles)
- d) exit water without using ladder or steps
- e) Waterfront students also have to retrieve 3 submerged items 5 yards apart from bottom of pool
PLEASE NOTE: Waterfront module will require additional time which will be determined with students
Please bring to class: swim gear, goggles for initial swim, food/refreshments
Registration will open by March 13 - check back for registration link once it opens