Randy Bennett Summer Day Camp #1
RANDY BENNETT BASKETBALL CAMPS | Summer Day Camps
Randy Bennett Basketball Camps is excited to announce that we will be hosting camps in July at Tice Valley Community Gym. We will open up registration for RB 1 and RB 2 with the possibility of adding an RB 3 at a later date.
RB 1: July 13-17 (Monday-Friday) 8:30am-11:30am
RB 2: July 20-24 (Monday-Friday) 8:30am-11:30am
Boys and Girls K- Rising 7th Graders (Cannot have attended classes for 7th Grade)
In accordance with Contra Costa County Health Order, Section 16.F.XXVI, Saint Mary’s Basketball and our camp staff is committed to providing a safe and strategic social distancing protocol to ensure a safe camp environment for coaches and campers.
The Randy Bennett Day Camp is a staple of the Randy Bennett Basketball Camps. RB Camp is a great way for campers to receive top-class instruction on every aspect of the game from St. Mary’s coaches and staff. Throughout the week Coach Bennett and his camp staff will lead instruction on basketball skills, fundamentals, and training techniques. Campers will be assigned a coach and placed in a group (based on age/grade level). Campers will engage in competitions that incorporate basketball skills, team building, and fun.
Tice Valley Community Gym
2055 Tice Valley Blvd
Walnut Creek, CA 94595
What To Bring: Athletic attire and water bottle. There will be a designated section to place any bags a camper may bring.
Social Distancing Protocol
Randy Bennett Basketball Camps is approved to open for summer basketball camps at Tice Valley Community Gym. We are focused on using the facility to ensure a safe and exciting camp environment for both campers and coaches.
- When campers arrive on site, they will remain outside of the building and line up on the X’s taped on the ground that are placed 6 feet apart.
- Once called to enter the building, the campers will enter one at a time.
- All campers will have their temperature taken and logged and then sanitize their hands prior to entry into the gym.
- Each camper will be directed to their group in their section of the gym, with their coach which will remain the same for the duration of the camp.
- We have temporarily suspended games that would involve campers playing against other campers in a 5 on 5 setting.
- All campers are encouraged to bring their own water bottle(s). Drinking fountains will only be permitted to be used to refill water bottles.
- Restroom breaks will be scheduled by group throughout the morning to ensure that no overlap between groups in the restroom shall occur. No more than 4 campers will be allowed to use the restroom at one time.
- All coaches will be required to wear masks in the building.
- Coaches should not come within 6ft of any other coach or camper, unless absolutely necessary.
- All coaches will take and log their temperature before beginning work.
- Upon arrival to the facility coaches will wash their hands.
- Before and after each session all camp equipment will be wiped down to disinfect.
- In accordance with the California Health and Safety Code and the Health Officer of Contra Costa County, all campers will be in a “stable” group of 6-12 campers.
- Campers will remain with the same coach and same group for the duration of the camp and will not interact with other “stable” groups.
- All shared equipment will be sanitized and sanitizer will be available to all coaches and campers.
- Campers will enter and exit through designated doors.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Sign in will begin at 8:00am on Monday morning. Campers will line up along the taped X’s on the ground placed 6 feet apart.
- On the first day of camp, campers will be allowed to be accompanied by one parent/guardian into the gym as long as the parent/guardian wears a mask upon entry into the facility.
- Campers will be checked in, given a camp T-Shirt and have a temperature check as well as sanitize their hands before entry into the gym.
- Campers will be assigned a group and a coach on Monday morning that they will remain with for the duration of the camp.
- After Monday, no parents/guardians will be permitted into the facility in order to mitigate the amount of people in and out of the facility. The same protocol will be enforced at camp for the duration of the week and we will begin promptly at 8:30am every morning.
- At 11:30am each group will be escorted outside with their coach and spaced at least 6 feet apart from one another with their coach and group along the sidewalk outside of the gym.
- Campers will remain in their group with their coach until a parent/guardian comes to pick up that camper.
- Parents/guardians will park in the parking lot and walk over to pick up their child at the specified position for the group that their child belongs to.
- Each camper will need to check out with their parent/guardian and confirm with their coach that they are approved to go.
All Saint Mary’s Athletic camps are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).