Corn Hole Tournament
MSU Billings Men's Soccer Camps
2020 Corn Hole Tournament
Each team will need to bring their own cornhole board and bags.
Start Time: 11:00 AM
Location: Yellowjacket Field
Cost: $50 per team
- Tournament will consist of a qualifying pool play or round robin.
- Teams will be seeded, based on qualifier, into a single elimination bracket.
- Boards will be placed 27 feet apart for all divisions.
- The court layout consists of two (2) player’s lanes. Lane 1 - Designated pitchers boxes, on the left side of the board when your back is to the scoring tower. Lane 2 - Designated pitchers boxes, on the right side of the board when your back is to the scoring tower Cornhole. Cornhole Pitchers Boxes - A designated pitchers box is a 4’x 3’area at each end of the court and on both sides of each board; (4) boxes in all. Cornhole Foul Lines: The front edge of the cornhole board is the foul line.
- The approved method of scoring for the sport of cornhole is “cancelation” scoring. In cancelation scoring, the points of one player cancel out the points of their opponent. Using this method, only one player/team can score in each frame. A “cornhole” is a bag that goes into the hole and is worth 3 points. A “woody” is a bag that rests on the board and is worth 1 point.
- There will be a coin flip to decide who will be “home”. Home has the following advantages: They will have first choice on bag color/brand. They will pitch first. They will have first choice of the following two options: Option A-Choose lane assignments or Option B- Choose their opponent to pitch against (head-to-head). If option A is selected, the higher seed chooses their lane and takes their positions in the Pitcher’s boxes, then the lower seeded individual chooses their own Pitcher’s boxes to determine head-to-head match-ups. If Option B is selected, the lower seed chooses their lane and takes their positions in the Pitcher’s boxes, then the higher seeded individual will choose their own Pitcher’s boxes to determine head-to-head match-ups.
- The team that scored in the previous frame will pitch first in the next frame. If neither individual scores in a frame, then the team that pitched first in the previous frame pitches first again.
- The tournament will consist of a qualifying pool play or round robin. Then based on qualifier, all teams will be seeded into a single elimination bracket.
- First team to 21 wins (no bust, no win by 2, no skunk). Both pool play and bracket play will consist of 1 single game.
- Players feet must remain behind the foul line (at the front of the board)
- Bags that touch the ground before or while rested on the board will be foul bags and should be cleared immediately.
- Players must deliver the bag with an underhand release.
- Teammates must stand in the same lane at opposite boards throughout the whole game and may not switch ends. Each player will throw four bags each inning. Players will alternate throwing bags until all bags have been thrown.
- Most importantly…Scoring MUST be agreed upon by players BEFORE any bag is moved. If a player moves a bag before his opponent agrees upon the score, the non-offending team will score the frame as if they have made 4 cornholes.
- Any discrepancies in rules or scoring must be discussed with an official before play continues.
- MSUB Men’s soccer reserves the right to change the tournament format based on entry numbers, space/time restrictions, or other circumstances.