Elite Passing Academy
Drake Football Camps
2019 Elite Passing Academy
Quarterbacks / Wide Receivers / Defensive Backs
With helmets and shoulder pads for Elite Campers (Entering 9th - 12th Grades)
June 11th - 14th
7:30am - 10:00am
$190 before June 1st and $210 after June 1st
Location: Drake University Football Stadium
Quarterbacks/ Receivers / Defensive Backs who are entering grades 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th in the fall of 2019.
Our 4 Day Elite Football Academy is designed for QB’s, WR’s and DB's who are serious about improving their physical skills and knowledge /mental aspects pertaining to their position. Our intent is to make you better and so we run this Academy much like we run our football program here at Drake.
QBs Will Develop
- Leadership Development
- Recognition and understanding how to attack Defensive Coverages
- Throwing mechanics from head to toe, including; proper warm-up and stretches, stance, grip, pre-passing position, eyes, throwing arm, non-throwing arm, hips and feet.
- Footwork Drills
- Strength and Accuracy Passing Drills
- 3 Step Drop, 5 Step Drop, Full Rollout Drop and Play Action mechanics
- Pre and Post-Snap Read Progression
WRs Will Develop
- Stance and Start Mechanics
- Releases from the Line of Scrimmage
- Route Running Techniques Including Stems and Cuts
- Ball Catching Fundamentals
- Blocking Fundamentals
Defensive Backs Will Develop
- Improve Stance Fundamentals
- Train to Improve Footwork
- Develop Body Control to Improve Play Making Ability
- Drill Man-to-Man Techniques
- Improve Ball skills
- Compete 1-on-1 vs. Local Receivers
Each participant is expected to bring his own football, proper workout clothing, cleats (molded or screw in), NOCSAE approved helmet, shoulder pads and jersey.
CAMP REFUND POLICY
• Full Refund (Minus a $15 Processing Fee) Given Prior to June 1st. No Refund Given after June 1st.
• No Refunds Will Be Given for Missing Camps Due to Other Activities (Baseball, Soccer Games, etc.)