OL/DL/Skill Position Camp
OD/DL/Skill Position Camp
|June 9th - 10th|
Entering Grades: 9th - 12th
Check-In: 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM (June 9th)
Check-Out: 4:00 PM (June 10th)
Residential Camper: $180
Commuter Camper: $150
Teams of 10 or more: $150 per Camper-*Coach should Contact Camp Coordinator
Registation will be held at:
Azalea Hall and Epsilon 2 Hall
251 Delta Loop
Mobile, AL 36688
*If Bad Weather* Registration will be held in Jaguar Football Team Room at:
591 Joseph E. Gottfried Dr.
Mobile, AL 36688
- Housing provided for overnight campers in campus dorms
- Overnight Camper need to bring their own bedding materials
- Overnight Campers should consider bringing Swimsuits and Sandles
- All meals will be provided for overnight campers in school cafeteria
- Bring cleats, towels, and workout clothes for 4 practices
- Linemen campers need to bring helmets
- Check in will be from 10am to 1pm
We will focus on the fundamentals of offensive and defensive line play. Games are won at the line of scrimmage.
Offensive Line: Defensive Line:
- Drive block - Ball get off
- Reach block - How to attack Base, Down, Reach blocks
- Zone Combos - Base, Down, Reach
- Gap Combos - Pass Rush Moves
- Cutoff Blocks - Use of Hands
- Man Pass Protection - Use of Leverage
- Slide Pass Protection - Squeeze & Spill
- Trap Blocking
- Twist Pick Up
We will focus on the fundamentals of offensive and defensive skill play. Techniques will be taught by position and there will be plenty of 7v7 competition to test and work on newly learned skills.
The skill portion of camp will focus on the development of quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, linebackers, safeties, and cornerbacks.
Quarterbacks – Timing throws, down the field throws, pass drops, RPO techniques, triple option reads, zone reads, pitches, and more.
Running Backs – Ball security, run reads, pass protection, backfield route running and catching, and a variety of drills.
Wide Receivers/Tight Ends – Route running, catching technique and drills, perimeter blocking technique, on the ball blocking technique, release techniques, ball security, and more.
Safeties/Corners – Coverage techniques, Man coverage, zone coverage, press, bail, and off techniques, tackling techniques and drills
Linebackers – Run fits, man coverage, zone coverage, back out of the backfield coverage, tackling techniques and drills
Location: USA Practice Football Fields