High Altitude Elite Training Camp
2019 HIGH ALTITUDE ELITE TRAINING CAMP
This is the most intensive training camp we offer. Swimmers should be comfortable training daily. Most swimmers will already have several "A" standard times or better. The focus of the camp is understanding the energy systems used in training and the impact altitude has on performance. Topics will include training philosophies, race strategy, nutrition and recovery. Technique and drills will still be addressed, but the main focus will be working hard with two sessions a day in the water. Are you up for the challenge?
|June 24th - 28th|
Ages: 11 - 18, Boys & Girls
Check-In: 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. at Downey Hall, Day 1
Check Out: 4:00 p.m. at Corbett Pool, Day 5
Resident Camper: $500
Commuter Camper: $350
What To Bring:
- Bedding, linens, pillow and pillow case or sleeping bag
- Soap and toiletries (including sunscreen and mosquito spray)
- Suits, caps and goggles
- Any other equipment needed for swimming
- T-shirt, shorts, athletic shoes
- Alarm clock
- Spending money
Parking Info.: There are numerous parking options when arriving on UW’s campus this summer. Should you have any questions concerning parking, please contact UW Transportation & Parking Services at 307-766-9800.
- Parking Meters: Meters are located throughout campus at a cost of .25 / half-hour.
- Day Permits: Day permits may be purchased for $4.00/per day (A, C, or R lot).
Facilities: The camp is held on the campus of the University of Wyoming. Swimmer’s will practice at Corbett pool. All campers will enjoy first-class housing in the on campus residence halls and all-you-can-eat meals at their dining facilities.