Tennis Camp: June 24th - 28th
Elon Phoenix Tennis Camps
2018 Co-Ed Tennis Camps
Location: Jimmy Powell Tennis Center
- Will feature a fine dependable staff allowing for a 5:1 student teacher ratio. Top ranked collegiate athletes will be assisting in the camp instructions.
- The 12 lighted court complex and superior surrounding landscape make for the perfect place to host this event. If it rains, indoor courts will be accessible.
- Parents are encouraged to come and watch their kids play. The last night and last morning are ideal times as the popular team tennis is played.
- ALL ACTIVITIES ARE SUPERVISED.
- All meals are provided for resident campers; lunch for day campers.
- High school teams are encouraged to attend as a group.
WHAT TO BRING
- water bottle
- tennis towel
- swim suit
- extra pair of socks
- extra spending money for snacks
- (Activities will be paid for by the camp staff)
Resident Campers: Will check in Sunday at 1:00pm - 2:30pm at Best Western Hotel. Check out is at 12:00pm at the Jimmy Powell Tennis Center.
Resident Campers will stay at the Best Western Hotel. Address: 770 Huffman Mill Road Burlington.
Rooms will have two beds and house two campers. Transportation will be provided to and from the hotel.
- Resident campers will be supervised by the tennis staff. Even though the campers will spend the night in a hotel the entire day campers will be on Elon’s campus. We will have a bus that will transport campers from the hotel to the tennis courts and other activities.
Full Day Campers: Check in on Sunday at 2:45 pm at Jimmy Powell Tennis courts. They will then attend the tennis instruction from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Regular daily arrival should be between 8:00 am - 8:30 am with pick up at 4:30 pm both occurring at the tennis courts except for Thursday, pick up will be at 12:00 pm. All drop off and pick up will be at the tennis courts. Day campers will plan to play tennis on Wednesday evening.
Half Day Campers: Check in on Sunday at 2:45 at Jimmy Powell Tennis courts. They will then attend the tennis instruction from 3:00 -5:00 PM. Regular daily arrival should be between 8:00 – 8:30 AM with pick up at 11:30 pm except on Thursday, pick up is at 12:00 pm.
Players will Receive Tennis Instruction Including:
- Stroke Production
- Rules of the Game/Sportsmanship
- Drills Emphasizing Depth, Placement, Consistency & Spin/Angles
- Strategy on Both Singles & Doubles
- Conditioning Working on Speed, Agility, Explosiveness & Flexibility
- Individual Match Play
- Discussion on Proper Nutrition
- Coach the Mental/Emotional State of Tennis
- Team Match Play
- Watch Tennis Video With Analysis & Discussion
All levels including tournament players are welcomed at our camp. We will be staffed to accommodate everyone and meet their needs and desires.
Recreational Activities Will Include:
- Exhibition Match Featuring College Players