Summer Camp | Week 4
Ben Dunbar Tennis Camps
2019 Summer Camps
The University of New Mexico is offering Junior Tennis Camps for players 8 to 18 years old, from beginner to competitive tournament player.
Directed by Head Men's Tennis Coach Ben Dunbar, and staffed by current and former UNM tennis players, the UNM tennis camp is designed to provide the highest quality instruction geared toward improving every aspect of the players game including technique, strategy, physical fitness training and match play.
Join our dedicated staff as we provide a unique and safe training environment for your child. You’ll get a taste of what it’s like to be a Lobo as you train at UNM’s home facility, The UNM Lobo Tennis Club, with UNM players and coaches!
Each camper will get 27 hours of instruction from current and former Lobo tennis players, fitness training, snacks and lunch, and a whole lot of FUN!
Our talented staff will focus on all aspects of the game including, high intensity drills, mind challenging live-ball drills and games, game plan and strategy sessions, fitness, and a special focus on singles and doubles match play.
LOCATION: Linda Estes Tennis Club, South Campus
CAMP INCLUDES / ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Includes over 27 hours of instruction, fitness, strategy, and matchplay. Lunch, snacks, and hydration provided (bring your own water bottle)!
- Free online registration if registering for all four weeks in advance.
- 72 person limit. That means there will be no more than 6 players per court.
- All campers receive a camp t-shirt. Sizes gauranteed only for registration prior to May 1st.
- 9:00am - 12:00pm | Technique, Strategy, Conditioning
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm | Supervised Lunch / Open Hit
- 1:00pm - 3:00pm | Situational Points / Match Play
- Friday's | 9:00am - 12:00pm, Campers will be free to leave after closing ceremonies.
WHAT TO BRING?
- Tennis Racquet(s)
- Non-Marking Tennis Shoes
- Towel & Water Bottle
- Extra T-Shirts
- LUNCH IS PROVIDED!!
LUNCH: All campers will have a 1-hour on site supervised lunch break where the courts will be open for individual instruction with our staff or "open" play after they finish lunch. All campers will have snacks and lunch provided to them. If there are special dietary needs please contact camp director Ben Dunbar for details. Water and Gatorade will be on site all hours of the camp. Campers are encouraged to bring their own water bottles.
REFUNDS: No prorations please. There will be a $100 cancellation fee for any cancellation.
All camps are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).
This camp has no affiliation with the University of New Mexico Athletic Department.