2019 Co-Ed Tennis Camps
Location: Jimmy Powell Tennis Center | 401 East Haggard Avenue | 12 lighted tennis courts
- Will feature a fine dependable staff allowing for a 5:1 student teacher ratio. Top ranked collegiate athletes will be assisting in the camp instructions.
- The 12 lighted court complex and superior surrounding landscape make for the perfect place to host this event. If it rains, indoor courts will be accessible.
- Parents are encouraged to come and watch their kids play. The last night and last morning are ideal times as the popular team tennis is played.
- ALL ACTIVITIES ARE SUPERVISED.
- High school teams are encouraged to attend as a group.
WHAT TO BRING
- water bottle
- tennis towel
- swim suit
- tennis shoes
- extra pair of socks
- extra spending money for snacks
- (Activities will be paid for by the camp staff)
Resident Campers: Will check in Sunday at 1:00pm - 2:30pm at Best Western Hotel. Check out is at 12:00pm at the Jimmy Powell Tennis Center.
Resident Campers will stay at the Best Western Hotel. Address: 770 Huffman Mill Road Burlington.
Rooms will have two beds and house two campers. Transportation will be provided to and from the hotel.
- Resident campers will be supervised by the tennis staff. Even though the campers will spend the night in a hotel the entire day campers will be on Elon’s campus. We will have a bus that will transport campers from the hotel to the tennis courts and other activities.
Full Day Campers: Check in on Sunday at 2:45 pm at Jimmy Powell Tennis courts. They will then attend the tennis instruction from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Regular daily arrival should be between 8:00 am - 8:30 am with pick up at 4:30 pm both occurring at the tennis courts except for Thursday, pick up will be at 12:00 pm. All drop off and pick up will be at the tennis courts. Day campers will plan to play tennis on Wednesday evening.
Half Day Campers: Check in on Sunday at 2:45 at Jimmy Powell Tennis courts. They will then attend the tennis instruction from 3:00 -5:00 PM. Regular daily arrival should be between 8:00 – 8:30 AM with pick up at 11:30 pm except on Thursday, pick up is at 12:00 pm.
Players will Receive Tennis Instruction Including:
- Stroke Production
- Rules of the Game/Sportsmanship
- Drills Emphasizing Depth, Placement, Consistency & Spin/Angles
- Strategy on Both Singles & Doubles
- Conditioning Working on Speed, Agility, Explosiveness & Flexibility
- Individual Match Play
- Discussion on Proper Nutrition
- Coach the Mental/Emotional State of Tennis
- Team Match Play
- Watch Tennis Video With Analysis & Discussion
All levels including tournament players are welcomed at our camp. We will be staffed to accommodate everyone and meet their needs and desires.
Recreational Activities Will Include:
- Exhibition Match Featuring College Players
- Video analysis emphasizing the mental game of tennis
Parents are encouraged to come and watch their kids play. Wednesday evening and Thursday morning is where the popular team tennis is played and is the ideal time for parents to come. Thursday at 11:30 there will be an Awards Ceremony to conclude camp.
Resident Campers – All meals are provided starting with Sunday dinner and ending with Thurs breakfast
Day Campers – Lunch is provided on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
Half Day Campers – No meals provided
Location of Hotel for Resident Campers:
Best Western | 770 Huffman Mill Road
All rooms will house 2 campers with two beds in each room. Best Western is five to seven minutes from campus. No housekeeping services will be provided during the stay. If you need extra towels please bring them. Transportation is provided for all Resident campers throughout the camp.