Tennis Skills Camp: Session I
Rhodes College Tennis Skills Camp
2020 Camp Information
FULL DAY LUNCH INCLUDED
- Lunch : will be included for all full day campers at The Refectory, campers are welcome to pack their own lunch.
- Snacks: Snacks (assorted candy, chips, crackers, and granola bars) will be for sale for $1 during the snack break, campers are welcome to pack their own snack.
Tennis is FUN!!! This summer let us give your child the unforgettable experience of a Rhodes Tennis Skills Camp. We want every camper to learn and improve their tennis skills on the court, while making new friends and having fun in the process.
Drop-Off and Pick-Up:
- At the intersection of University and Snowden enter through the Snowden Entrance.
- Once it dead-ends at the library turn left, continue past the football stadium, past the tennis courts, and park on the left.
Bring your student to the South-East corner of the tennis courts to the check in desk each day.
- ½ day pick-up will be at the pool. It is easiest to park before the football stadium on the left, and walk to the front of the Bryan Campus Life Center (BCLC) to the pool. Pick-up will be in the South-West corner.
- Full day pick-up will be at the tennis courts. Students will be inside the BCLC for easy pick-up and to avoid crossing the street.
- If there is rain we will be inside the BCLC. We have many indoor tennis activities and skill building exercises for all campers, along with strategy sessions for older campers if there is rain.
Why You'll Love Camp
- Skill Levels: Once in the camp each camper will be individually evaluated, and placed in a group with campers of similar age and ability. Campers will also be placed on a team with campers of varying age and abilities for competitions. Competitions will be mostly on the court but also include short indoor activities and competitions that emphasize teamwork.
- Improvement: Everyday campers will all be working on a certain stroke, Forehands, Backhands, Continental Grip Skills (Serves and Volleys), and Specialty Shots. With a low 6-1 camper to counselor ratio each camper will receive the individual attention they need.
- Staff: Coach Cempre is a USPTA certified Elite Professional, has over 10 years of tennis camp experience working multiple overnight Nike Tennis Camps, and an extensive background in elementary education. Coach Tinnell has over 5 years of overnight collegiate tennis and volleyball camp experience in addition to youth tennis day camps in Florida at Bradenton Country Club. Tinnell earned her Masters in Business at Berry College where she assisted the men's and women's tennis teams as well as instructed private lessons for the community. Coach Cempre and Coach Tinnell are combining their experiences, to create a new and improved Rhodes Tennis Skills Camps for all campers. Additional coaches are experienced college and high school players who receive additional training prior to camp.
Private & Individual Lessons
Coach Cempre is available for private and groups lessons with flexible schedules throughout the year. Please contact him for more information here.