High Performance Camp | Suggested Levels 8-Elite
The camp is open to any girl between the age of 7 through 18, and is only limited to space availability. We admit any and all qualified applicants without regard to disability, race, color, religion or ethnic origin.
COMMUTER CAMPERS: Commuters are to arrive at Mabel Lee Hall at 8:50 am daily. Commuters will eat lunch and dinner in the Dining Center (1120 N 14th St.) with the live-in campers.
HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMP: Our High Performance Camp is recommended for gymnasts competing level 8 through elite (USAG), ages 7-18 working on the skills listed below:
- Releases: jaeger, tkachev or overshoot to handstand.
- Dismounts: double back, double layout, full in or full out.
- Circle Skills: stalder, toe on - toe off.
- Flight Series: back handspring - layout, side aerial - back handspring, back handspring - back tuck.
- Acro Skills: side aerial, front flip, front aerial.
- Dismounts: round off full, 1½, or double full or other equivalent dismounts.
- Tsuk, hand front, round-off entry.
- Double Salto Pass: front layout-tuck, front pike-tuck, front tuck stepout.
- Back Tumbling: fulls and 1½.
The overnight camp includes 2 nights lodging in 1 of our university dorms and 3 meals per day. The commuter camp includes lunch and dinner.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMP | Resident and Commuter Campers need to report to Harper Hall on Day 1 at 8:00 am to check-in. Resident Campers will pick up their room key, meal card, and find their assigned room where their camp counselor will be waiting to greet them. Commuter Campers will pick up their meal card and directed to the dorm floor where their camp counselor will be waiting to greet them.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CAMP | Parents are welcome to come and watch open gym from 4:00 am-5:00 pm. at Mabel Lee Hall on the last day of camp. Immediately following open gym, coaches will be providing a tour of the athletic facilities in Memorial Stadium. Camp store will be open following the tour. Parents will then be asked to accompany their camper(s) in gathering their items and checking out of the dorm.
A total refund, minus online processing fee, will ONLY be given due to illness or serious injury. A note requesting a refund must include an explanation and a signed doctor's excuse note. No Exceptions.
In order to cover our expenses, a non-refundable $125 fee will be placed on all other cancellation requests. Requests must be received at least two weeks prior to the start of camp; otherwise, there will be NO REFUNDS.
Call Nebraska Gymnastics Camps office at 402-560-1168
The operator of this/these camp(s), Dan Kendig dba Kendig Enterprises, is a separate legal entity from the University of Nebraska, and it is not sponsored by or affiliated with the University of Nebraska.