Southern Colorado Adventure Music Camp | Young Artist Program
2019 SOUTHERN COLORADO ADVENTURE MUSIC CAMP
Welcome to the 4th annual Southern Colorado Adventure Music Camp. The mission of Southern Colorado Adventure Music Camp is to create a community of young Colorado musicians through building an enduring passion for music, embracing teamwork through outdoor adventures, and encouraging self discovery through the nurturing of skill development, tenacity, and integrity. Led by its creators, the Prometheus Piano Trio, Dr. Timothy Hsu, Norah Clydesdale, and Dr. Zahari Metchkov have assembled a group of dedicated faculty to work with students. Participants are immersed in a diverse array of musical studies. Faculty interact with students on a daily basis through lessons, chamber coachings, and small ensembles. Theory and movement classes are also included. Our unique partnership with Outdoor Pursuits provides the opportunity to explore Pueblo’s landscape. These outings have taken students to canoe at the Pueblo Reservoir or enjoying the scenery at the Nature Center.
All payments are non-refundable. Application fee is separate from tuition.
Scholarships Available: A limited number of need based and merit scholarships are available. More information about scholarships contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CSU-Pueblo Music Scholarship: High School Seniors who participate in SocoAMC and enroll as a String or Piano Music Major at CSU-Pueblo will automatically receive a $1000 scholarship per year, renewable for up to four years. Additional scholarships are available upon successful audition into the music program.
On-campus Accommodations Available for Young Artist Program Participants:
- Crestone, Culebra, Greenhorn Residence Hall: It is an air-conditioned complex located on the north side of Belmont Residence Hall. Rooms are designed in a suite style format and share a bathroom in between. These rooms are furnished with two beds, two desks and two closets. The floors are handicapped accessible. These buildings do have laundry facilities located on the main floor, just east of the elevator.
- Double Occupancy: (two people per room, 4 people in suite)
- Three meals a day may be purchased and provided by CSU-Pueblo Dining.
Young Artist Program
By audition only. Open to students who are interested in focusing on solo repertoire and chamber music.
Students accepted into the Young Artist Program will be placed into chamber groups and participate in orchestra/ piano ensemble. Additionally, participants will work closely with camp faculty in private lessons and chamber music coachings.
Tentative Daily Schedule:
- 9:00 - 9:30 a.m. → Rhythm and Movement
- 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. → Music Theory
- 10:10 - 11:50 a.m. → Private Lessons
- 12:00 - 12:30 p.m. → Performance Class
- 12:30 - 1:20 p.m. → Lunch (Bring your own or meal plan)
- 1:30 - 2:20 p.m. → Orchestra / Piano Ensemble
- 2:30 - 3:20 p.m. → Chamber Group Coaching
- 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. → Outdoor Pursuits Program: Water Sports at Pueblo Reservoir, Nature Walks, Challenge Course, Swimming
- 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. → Dinner
- 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. → Evening Activities
Schedules subject to change. Finalized schedules will be sent out one month before camp begins.
Prepare a YouTube or Google Drive video link and include the following:
- Your name, age, city
- Two contrasting pieces that best demonstrate playing ability
- Two scales that best demonstrate fundamentals of technique
(YouTube or Google Drive link to be submitted in online application)