Firefighter Type 1 | S-131 | May 13th - 14th
S-131 - Firefighter Type 1
S-131, Firefighter Type 1, is a 12-hour course designed to meet the training needs of the Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1) and/or Incident Commander Type 5 (ICT5). This course is designed to be interactive in nature. It contains class discussion and several tactical decision games designed to facilitate learning the objectives. Topics include operational leadership, communications, LCES, and tactical decision-making.
|Firefighter Type 1 | Cost: $100|
This class begins at 12:00 PM, Monday, May 13th
On all other days, classes will begin at 0800 (CT).
Classes are scheduled to end each day by 1700 (CT).
- Identify position responsibilities and demonstrate the ability to apply principles of Operational Leadership found in the Incident Response Pocket Guide (IRPG), PMS 461.
- Describe how to incorporate and maintain open lines of communication with appropriate personnel. `
- Identify Look Up, Down and Around indicators, and demonstrate the ability to apply the components of Lookouts, Communications, Escape Routes, and Safety Zones (LCES) as described in the IRPG.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply tactical decision-making procedures.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
- Pre-selection assessment N/A
- Pre-course work N/A
- Online training N/A
- Instructor-led training 12
- Total Hours 12
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1) and/or Incident Commander Type 5 (ICT5).
Minimum Instructor Qualifications
Lead instructors must be qualified Single Resource Boss.
Unit instructors must be qualified as Firefighter Type 1 (FFT1).
See NWCG Instructor Certification at the beginning of this Guide.
Qualified as a Firefighter Type 2 (FFT2).