Initial Attack Incident Command | S-200 | May 20th - 21st
S-200 Initial Attack Incident Commander
This course is designed to meet the training needs of the incident commander type 4 (ICT4). It is presented in a discussion/exercise format. The six instructional units include Foundation Skills; Intelligence Gathering and Documentation; Size Up the Incident; Develop a Plan of Action; Post-fire Activities; Evaluating Incident Objectives and Manage the Incident. Evaluation of the student is by unit tests and performance based evaluations.
|Initial Attack Incident Commander | Cost: $100|
All classes on Monday May 20th will begin that day at 0900 (CT).
On all other days, classes will begin at 0800 (CT).
Classes are scheduled to end each day by 1700 (CT).
- Demonstrate effective foundation skills (leadership, risk management, and communications) at the ICT4 level.
- Gather and document essential information about the incident.
- Size up the incident, develop plan of action.
- Manage the incident through effective leadership.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate plan of action and make adjustments to the plan when necessary.
- Conduct post-fire activities.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
- Pre-selection assessment N/A
- Pre-course work 3
- Online training N/A
- Instructor-led training 16
- Total Hours 19
- Target Group
- Personnel desiring to be qualified as Incident Commander Type 4 (ICT4).
Minimum Instructor Qualifications
Lead instructor must be a qualified Incident Commander Type 3 (ICT3) or Prescribed Fire Burn Boss Type 2 (RXB2).
Unit instructors must be qualified as Incident Commanders Type 4 (ICT4).
Cadre must be proficient in the delivery of Tactical Decision Games (TDGS).
See NWCG Instructor Certification at the beginning of this Guide.
Qualified as any Single Resource Boss.
Satisfactory completion of pre-course work.