Hoops Officiating Clinic II
2020 Hoops Officiating Clinic II
The game is changing and so is the way we referee!
Great Lakes Valley Conference Coordinator of Men’s Basketball Officials, Gerry Pollard is conducting an identification clinic in Ft. Wayne, IN in conjunction with Bill Hensley Memorial Run-In-Slam Classic.
The clinic is designed to identify and train officials to work in the premier DII Conference in the country, the GLVC. Gerry and his staff will be teaching the six directives outlined by the NCAA. They will be sharing all the new information and ideas that is being sent down from the NCAA. Learning the “new way” will help you accomplish your goals and move up the ladder.
Classroom lectures and Q&A sessions will also help you get a better grasp of the new way. The staff will be made up of highly success- ful DI and DII referees and coordinators. Gerry will be entering his 13th year as the Coordinator of the GLVC. Gerry also coordinates officials in the NAIA American Midwest, DIII St. Louis Intercollegiate Conference, Great Rivers Athletic Conference, Missouri Region 16 Juco and Illinois JUCO conferences.
All an official wants is an opportunity to work college basketball. Clinics/ camps create opportunities for officials. The GLVC Identification Clinic has prepared and propelled officials to the next level. The level of play is extremely competitive and the opportunity to work in front of several D1 staff members in that environment is something you cannot simulate at most clinics. If you are doing the things right, getting plays correct, being effective on the floor and a good person off the floor your opportunity is waiting for you at this clinic.
What you will get:
- On court instruction and game by game evaluations by highly successful college basketball officials.
- Class room lectures and Q&A sessions with staff.
- Highly competitive games to officiate.
- Great environment, also being observed by numerous college coaches and assistants.
- Opportunity to succeed in GLVC and possibility of information being passed along to DI & DII Coordinators.
May 1, 2020
- Reigstration: 4:00 - 5:00p.m.
- Games: 7:00 - 10:00p.m.
Saturday, May 2, 2020
- Games: 8:00a.m. - 9:30p.m.
Sunday May 1, 2020
- Games: 8:00a.m. - 2:00p.m.
- Meetings, Classroom sessions, On-on-One with Coordinator and Clinicians.