Baseball | Session 2: Winter Jaguar Skills Camp | Individual Player Registration
ANKENY CENTENNIAL HS CAMPS | Jaguar Baseball Academy
This Baseball Academy is led by the Ankeny & Centennial Baseball Coaching Staffs.
Open to ANY and ALL Students Grades 1st - 8th.
This Academy is open to Any and All students enrolled in Ankeny North (Centennial) feeder schools.
Centennial HS Baseball Coach Mark Hey along with the coaching staff of Centennial High School and members of the varsity baseball team will be offering several opportunities for North feeder students in grades 1-7 during the fall and winter. Youth coaches are encouraged to attend at no cost.
If a youth team wants to sign up together, there is a discount that applies.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR THE JAGUAR BASEBALL ACADEMY:
- Give opportunities for skill development to all Centennial feeder students.
- Continue to promote multi-sport athletes. (This is why the academy is split up into separate sessions.)
- Provide resources for teams of north-side players, such as field usage and equipment.
- Provide an avenue for youth coaches of north side players to learn about fundamentals and drills that they can use in their practices.
These camps will focus on the fundamental skills of hitting, pitching, and defense, and to prepare players for the upcoming Little League and USSSA seasons. You may choose to attend one, two, or all three sessions. The registration fee for one or more camps includes a T-shirt (one t-shirt per player).
SESSION 2: WINTER JAGUAR BASEBALL SKILLS CAMP
The focus of these sessions will be on stretching properly, pitching mechanics, drills to increase arm strength and velocity, pick-off moves, defensive skills for catchers, infielders, and outfielders, and hitting drills to increase exit velocity and launch angle.
- Each Sunday session will be a three hour practice from 1:00pm-4:00pm
LOCATION: Sunday afternoons in the Northview Gymnasium.
QUESTIONS CONTACT: Coach Hey at email@example.com or call the Activities Office at Centennial High School.