Wednesdays | 6:05pm - 6:45pm | Ames Learn To Skate USA Program
2018 - 2019 Learn To Skate Basic Skills Program
The Ames Learn to Skate Basic Skills Program promotes ice skating and hockey in the community by providing safe, fun & high quality group instruction in accordance with Learn to Skate USA guidelines. Classes are offered year-round at the Ames/ISU Ice Arena, 1507 Gateway Hills Park Drive.
Programs Offered: Ask us if you need help determining the right class for you.
- Basic Classes 1-6: These levels introduce the fundamental moves of ice skating: forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, three turns, Mohawks and spins. Basic 1 is for beginners and those with little experience and above the age of 6.
- Snowplow Sam 1-4: Designed for children ages 3-6 with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning the basic skills of skating.
- Freestyle Classes - Pre-Free Skate – Freeskate 6: Introduction to more advanced figure skating skills. Skater must complete Pre-Freeskate to register.
- Adult Classes 1-6: Teen through senior citizens can enjoy learning beginner through advanced skills.
- Hockey 1-4: Fundamentals of hockey to help maneuver faster and be more agile on the ice. All elements will be taught without sticks.
Additional Information: If registrations are low, class levels may be combined. No makeup lessons. Dates subject to change due to ice availability.
There is a 5% processing fee if you pay with your credit card.
Questions Contact: Traci Kepley at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ames Figure Skating Club is dedicated to providing a safe, fun and supportive
environment for skaters of all ages and abilities to achieve their skating goals.