WMU Dugout Club
2018-2019 WMU DUGOUT CLUB
As the 8th head baseball coach at Western Michigan University, I would like to invite you to become a vital part of Bronco baseball. It is our goal to build on the foundation in place and use new resources to take our program to even greater heights. Having many goals and plans, we must provide student-athletes the best opportunity for sustainable success.
As we continue to raise the bar on what we provide our players, we can in turn expect a greater commitment on their part. This culture is what leads to improved results both in the classroom and on the field. In order to provide these resources for our student athletes, we need your involvement.
Financial support from the Bronco Baseball Dugout Club goes straight to our baseball Excellence Fund and directly benefits the future of Bronco baseball. Our players work very hard, and it is my goal for them to get all of the support necessary to be champions on and off the field.
Those of you that played and/or support the program realize the needs and challenges of meeting the standards along with raising the bar. We have several projects that will improve the overall experience for our players. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to read this message.
My wife and I have been donors since I was hired and whether you are a former player, parent or fan, we would love for you to be a part of the next chapter of Bronco baseball. Thank You again for your continued support of OUR Bronco Baseball Program.
With Great Bronco Pride,
Billy Gernon | @coachgernon
- Receive email updates throughout the season recapping games/performances.
- Opportunities to meet players and coaches at games and events.
- Satisfaction of knowing you are supporting the Western Michigan Baseball Program, a first class team striving for academic and athletic excellence.
2018 FALL FIELD IMPROVEMENTS:
- Infield stripped, laser graded and re-seeded removing contaminated seed
- Halo added for functionality and cosmetic purposes to combat moisture issues behind plate
- Batting Cages Improvements
- Connor Smith - First Team All-MAC
- Nate Grys & Nic Laio - Second Team All-MAC
- Grys ranked 22nd in NCAA in RBI’s per game
- Nic Laio - 20th round draft pick (Rangers) marking the 5th year in a row a junior has signed professionally
- Connor Smith - 30th round draft pick (Indians) marking the third shortstop drafted in the past five years. (Sohn 2014, Hoekstra 2015)
- Defeated Michigan State and Northwestern
- Program has maintained a 3.0 GPA or better for 15 consecutive semesters and ranks at the top of all MAC teams for GPA. 3.37 spring of 2018
- Community Service: VA Hospital visits, Habitat for Humanity, Fishes & Loaves, Tree of Life, Toys for Tots, Bronco Buddies
QUESTIONS: Feel free to contact head coach Billy Gernon directly at email@example.com or 269-276-3205 if you wish to donate more than what is listed above.