Advanced Pitching / Catching Camp
SMC BASEBALL CAMPS | Advanced Pitching / Catching Camp
Saint Mary’s College baseball is proud to announce an outstanding opportunity for any baseball player wanting to make a commitment toward the next level of the game for all skill levels. Come work with an outstanding group of instructors striving to advance your knowledge and skill in the art of pitching and catching.
The Pitching / Catching Camp is a small-group based personal instructional camp. The camp is designed to cover various pitching and catching drills and techniques in-depth for all skill levels. Camp is open to any and all player’s age 5 through those in the 8th grade. The emphasis of this camp is to teach and refine pitching and catching fundamentals as well as help improve mechanics and technique. Saint Mary’s coaches and players will teach the Saint Mary’s Baseball way of pitching and catching. The focus of this camp is to provide instruction in an organized and enjoyable atmosphere over a 3 hour session.
The development of each player's pitching and catching abilities will be a main goal of this game. A series of stations and drills will be used to develop better mechanics and techniques for both pitching and catching. Players will be separated into training groups by age and skill level. Groups will be limited to ensure for proper instruction. Sessions consist of:
- Players will use our bullpens and college field for instruction
- Individualized mechanical instruction in a small group setting
- Variety of drills to teach the fundamentals of pitching and catching
- Proper pitching mechanics and receiving techniques through drill progressions
- Proper mental approach to pitching to maximize success on the mound
- Proper pre-pitch and post-pitch mental training for catchers
- Stretching and mobility training
- Arm care routing
- Jager band routine
- PFP Work
- Fielding bunts and throws for pitchers and catchers
- Learning proper communication for pitchers and catchers
What To Bring:
- Baseball Glove
- Baseball Cleats
- Full Catchers Gear (For those participating in the catchers portion of camp)
Contact: Assistant Coach Daniel Costanza at 925-631-4658 or email@example.com
All Saint Mary’s Athletic camps are open to any and all entrants (limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender).