High School Technique Camp
2019 High School Technique Camp
Maximize learning new techniques, and drills while providing opportunities to compete in live match situations.
Grades 7th - 12th
Check-in: 5:00pm - 5:30pm
at Halenbeck Hall Fieldhouse
Session: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Cost: $60 - Includes T-Shirt (No Refunds)
There will be a $10 discount per individual if you register by May 24th.
Groups of five or more from the same club or school will receive a $10 discount from the original cost.
St. Cloud State University, Halenbeck Hall Wrestling Room, 720 4th Ave. South • St. Cloud, Minn. 56301
- Takedowns: Takedowns-The focus in the neutral position will be on solid leg attacks, set-up by consistent pressure on the opponent. We will also learn how to work the head, short offense, and upper body throws/trips.
- Defense and Counter Attacks: Here we will cover solid lines of defense, and what to do when an opponent gets to your legs. “ An offensive defense” !
- Top: Although we will cover many top techniques, the focus will be on turning the toughest opponents with tilts and legs.
- Bottom: Attack from the bottom with an explosive stand-up series as well as secondary bottom combinations.
- Drilling: Learn to drill the above mentioned topics both intensely and effectively through pressure wrestling!
- Games and Live Wrestling: Camp games and live wrestling are steadily incorporated throughout the camp to enhance the participants experience.
What to Bring
- Workout gear, including wrestling equipment, running shoes, shorts, t-shirts, socks.
- Wrestling shoes, head gear, kneepads, and running shoes.
- Campers will be expected to shower after every practice so they will need: swimsuit, towel, soap, shampoo.
- Cell phones for emergencies only. (If they become a problem, they will be taken away until the end of camp)
- Snacks & Water (optional)
- Any medications that need to be taken (We will be doing skin checks at the beginning of camp - so have any doctors notes-or skin conditions taken care of!!)
- Notebook and pencil.
- 5:00pm → 7th-12th Registration / Check-In
- 5:30pm → News & Announcements
- 5:35pm → Warm Up
- 5:45pm → Technique / Drilling
- 6:45pm → Live Wrestling
- 7:30pm → Break Down / Dismissal
St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran.