2019 OVERNIGHT CAMP
This high intensity camp is designated for advanced 8-12th graders that will provide high quality instruction that covers every aspect of the game. Each camper will get to participate in 2-3 small group workouts with the ETBU coaching staff with a focus on their primary position. Each camper will also get to participate in 3-4 live game situations which will be evaluated by the ETBU coaching staff. Campers will receive instructions and detailed evaluations on all aspects of the game from the coaching staff.
Each camper will get the collegiate baseball player experience by staying on campus with other campers and current ETBU players. ETBU will provide nightly activities such as worship from a live band and motivational speakers with Christian values.
Where will camp be hosted?
- On the Campus of East Texas Baptist University (Baseball and Softball field)
- Check-in will be held at Centennial dorm. (#2 on the Campus Map)
What should I bring to camp?
- Baseball Pants
- Cleats/Tennis shoe
- Catcher Gear (If Available)
- Full size bed sheets
- Toiletry Kit
- (spending money)
If I want to stay and watch, can I do that?
- Yes you are more than welcome to stay and watch camp. But only campers will be allowed to stay on campus overnight.
What time will camp end?
- June 26th at 2:30 pm
Will ETBU provide meals?
- No meals on Sunday June 23rd
- We will provide three meal on June 24th-25th
- We will provide two on the 26th
- We will have a concession stand set up for extra snack in the dorm and around the field. (this is not included in the price)
What if my kid gets hurt?
- We will have at least one trainer here during camp. If the injury requires a hospital trip we will get in contact with the listed emergency contacts.
- If your child has any limitations due to prior injuries please communicate with us.
How many coaches will be there?
We will have all of the baseball and softball coaches here working camps.
- As well as current players
Will the campers get a t-shirt?
- Yes we will provide each camper with a t-shirt.
Can my son/daughter drive themselves to camp?
- Yes, but the camper who drives will be required to turn in their keys when they check in. Keys will be returned to them when they check out. (At the end of camp)
What if my son or daughter has food allergies?
- As long as you communicate that beforehand we will be able to accommodate them.
No camper will be allowed to leave campus until camps is over.
ETBU has two security vehicles who patrol campus all the time.