UB Diving Camp
UB Diving Camp
HOUSING AND SUPERVISION
All resident campers will be housed at the UB Dormitories, a five minute walk from the pool. There will be a 1-10 ratio of students to counselors. Three meals per day for each resident camper and lunch will be provided for day campers.
*Resident campers: please note that a $50 fee will be charged at the end of camp for any lost or unreturned dorm keys.
|June 26th - 30th|
Who: Open to any and all entrants, Ages 6-18
Residential Camper: $680
Commuter Campers: $425
WHAT TO BRING
Residence hall rooms come with an extra-long twin bed, dresser, desk and chair, lamp and closet. Bedding is not provided.
The following items are NOT provided in the room and you may want to bring them with you:
Sheets/bedding, alarm clock, telephone and clothes hangers. Due to the uniqueness of dorm living, some guests like to bring a bathrobe for trips to the hallway bathroom, a fan because there is no air conditioning or a favorite pillow. There is an active cable line if you want to bring a tv.
UB DIVING CAMP COACHING STAFF
- RUSS DEKKER – Russ is the Head Diving Coach at UB and brings 18 years of Division I coaching experience to this years camp. Russ is also the Head Coach of Wings Diving Club, our age group program here at UB.
- JOSH LARCOM – Josh is a coach for Wings Diving Club and as well as the Head Diving Coach at Niagara University.
- EDDIE QUARANTILLO – Eddie is a recent graduate of Canisius College where he was a stand out diver. Eddie is also an Associate Head Coach of the Wings Diving Club. Eddie brings a wealth of knowledge to us from his time training under John Wingfield.
- HELEN GRINSTEAD – Helen is one of New Yorks finest high school diving coaches. Helen is a coach for the Wings Diving Program and has a wealth of experience coaching all levels of diving. Helen will serve as our Head Dorm Authority for the resident campus.
- TOM PAPP – Tom is a high school and age group coach that comes to us from Michigan. Tom has been involved in diving nearly his entire lifetime and had been instrumental at UB diving camp for teaching everyone how to get over their fears and get the dives that their list is missing.
- KRIS SANTOS – Kris is a former UB diver and Wings Diving Club coach. He is the current diving coach at Bryant University.
- UB DIVERS – There will be many current UB divers here as both coaches as well as camp counselors. They will bring great experience to our camp due to the fact that they are currently in the prime of the diving careers.
UB NATATORIUM: A WORLD-CLASS FACILITY
- Separate 60 x 60 indoor diving well
- 18’ pool depth
- Two 1-meter sping boards
- Two 3-meter spring boards
- 1, 5, 7.5, and 10 meter platforms
- Bubbler system
- Trampoline with spotting rig
- 2 Dry boards with port-a-pit
- Training room
For more information contact Russ Dekker at (716) 645-2659
NCAA rules prohibit representative of UB’s athletics interests (a booster) who is not naturally or legally responsible for a prospective student-athlete (grades 9-12) from providing any expenses to attend a camp or clinic. Violations of this could result in loss of NCAA eligibility for the prospective student-athlete. If you have questions regarding this or any other NCAA rule, please contact the UB Office of Compliance at (716) 645-3146 or email@example.com