Pike Youth Sports
Volunteer in Our Youth Leagues
Volunteers are a critical element of our youth sports program. They have direct contact with players at every practice and game and they usually are the primary influence on player growth. PYS expects that all of its volunteers will be familiar with and agree to follow PYS mission, rules, goals and objectives.
|Football, Basketball & Cheer|
The Volunteer Agrees As Follows:
- I understand that my conduct can have an impact on my team and I will endeavor to set a good example.
- I will not criticize officials, players, coaches or spectators in any inappropriate manner. I will not use abusive or profane language under any circumstances. I will require the same from my players and parents.
- I understand inappropriate language, contact and behavior involving players or staff will be cause for immediate suspension and or dismissal from all volunteer responsibilities for PYS.
- I understand that volunteers must be present and supervise all practices and competitions.
- I will review and follow all PYS rules and policies.
- I will provide players a broad, constructive and positive view of athletic competition.
- I understand that volunteers may be suspended and/or dismissed from responsibilities immediately if found in violation of any of these administrative guidelines.
The Volunteer Must Agree to the Release of a Criminal Background Check:
In an effort to safeguard those children who participate in PYS league activities, the MSD of Pike Township is requiring PYS volunteers to authorize the release of a nationwide criminal history and background check. You grant PYS the authority to request and obtain a criminal history report setting forth arrest date, offense, disposition, and/or conviction, official current status and any other related information pursuant to state statute and any other law, which allows for organizations to receive information on prospective adult coaches and volunteers working with children. All information obtained will be kept confidential. For your online background check, go to the following link https://opportunities.averity.com/PikeYouthSports. The cost is $17.95 per applicant.