Prospect Camp | Jan 27
Who: Student athletes in 9th-12th grade
What: Indoor softball Instruction: pitching, catching, infield, outfield, and hitting
Where: Slippery Rock University Field House
When: Saturday, January 26th. 9:00am - 4:15pm (Field Positions and Hitting)
Sunday, January 27th. 9:00am - 2:15pm (Pitching and Hitting)
Why: To give you the opportunity to see what it is like to be an NCAA Division II athlete at Slippery Rock University. Our goal is to establish a fun working environment that increases your skill level while experiencing our coaching style and how SRU Softball practices and plays. Limited spots available per session. Register now
Pitching | Jan 27th | 9:00 AM - 10:15 PM
Hitting | Jan 27th | 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Pitching | Jan 27th | 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
1-on-1 with Coach Rice | Jan 27th | 1:30 PM - 2:15 PM
What to Bring: Each player must bring her own softball equipment including indoor and outdoor shoes; pitchers must bring their own catcher. We suggest bringing water and snacks. Concessions will be available, but limited.
Hitting: You will have the opportunity to display your athleticism by participating in hitting drills the SRU softball team practices daily. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to hit against our pitching staff. All hitting will take place indoors at the SRU Field House.
Catchers: You will have the opportunity to display your throwing, blocking and framing skills, as well as your quickness and mobility behind the plate. This session will take place indoors at the SRU Field House.
Infield: You will have the opportunity to display your athleticism at multiple infield positions while showcasing your smoothness, arm strength, range and glove skills. This session will take place indoors at the SRU Field House.
Outfield: You will have the opportunity to display your athleticism at multiple outfield positions while showcasing your quickness, range, arm strength and drop step skills. This session will take place indoors at the SRU Field House.
Pitching: You will have the opportunity to showcase all current pitches and the chance to learn new ones. All pitching will take place indoors at the SRU Field House.
1-on-1: This session gives you an opportunity to speak with Coach Rice, her coaching staff, and other student athletes to answer questions about Slippery Rock University, our softball program, academics, student-athlete balance, the eligibility process and more—this is an informal, open Q&A format for students and parents, so come with questions!
- Please notice that we are hosting two different prospect camps—one is Saturday (1/26/19) and one is Sunday (1/27/19). Sunday is primarily dedicated to pitchers; however, we are not opposed to non-pitchers signing up for the offensive portion.
- Registration for both camps open November, 26th 2018
- A confirmation email will be sent after receipt of payment. Additional information and/or changes to the SRU Softball Prospect Camp will be conveyed via e-mail; therefore, please be cognizant of the email address provided and check it regularly.
- Both camps will be held at the Slippery Rock University Field House (GPS: 111 W. Central Loop, Slippery Rock, PA 16057)
- Instructors for the SRU Softball Prospect Camp are SRU Softball coaching staff and athletes
- Registration will open at 8:30AM; please arrive 30 minutes prior to your first session to check in.
- Each player must bring her own softball equipment including indoor shoes; pitchers must bring their own catcher.
- We suggest bringing water and snacks. Concessions will be available, but limited.
- Both SRU Softball Prospect Camps will be held rain, snow or shine.
- All participants must complete the SRU Softball Prospect Camp Liability Form
If you cancel on or before January 11th, 2019, we will refund your camp fee, less a $25.00 non-refundable administrative fee. At any time after January 11th, 2019, a refund less a $35.00 administrative fee. NO refund will be given for no-shows.
Contact Assistant Coach Stacey Herzog at firstname.lastname@example.org
Slippery Rock University Softball Camps are open to any and all entrants(limited only by number, age, grade level and/or gender)