Winter Advanced Skills Clinic
2019 Winter Advanced Skills Clinic
Who: Girls Ages 13 - 18
Check-In: 7:30 AM
Location: UC San Diego - Softball Stadium
Limited To First 60
No refunds will be issued after January 3rd, 2019.
January 12th, 2019
Includes one-on-one interactions with UCSD players and coaches in Triton Stadium, a campus tour and an open forum with UCSD Coaches. Limited to first 60. Lunch will be provided, please bring a drink with you.
- Check-In: 7:30 AM
- Skill work: 8:00 AM
- Lunch: 12:15 PM
- Q&A Open Forum: 12:30 PM
- Campus Tour: 1:00 PM
THE ADVANCED CLINIC WILL ALLOW YOU TO WORK ON A SINGLE DEFENSIVE POSITION & HITTING:
PITCHING: We will provide specific instructions on pitching for all levels. Each player will walk away from the clinic knowing what she needs to practice to become a great pitcher. All pitchers MUST bring their own catcher that is not participating in the clinic. The catcher can be a mother, a father, a sister, a brother, a teammate, etc.
- PLEASE NOTE: Pitchers should bring their own catchers (or a person to catch) to the pitching sessions (no charge for catchers). Catcher does not take part in the clinic.
- INFIELD: We will cover the specifics of glove work, footwork and fundamentals necessary to play the middle infield and the corners at all levels of fast-pitch softball.
- OUTFIELD: We will cover specifics on glove work and footwork, angles, and situational defensive play. Athletes will learn that playing the outfield is an art within itself - one of the most important positions on the field - the last line of defense for your team!
- CATCHING: We will cover fundamentals relating to the position not limited to, but including: blocking, framing, throwing fundamentals, working with pitchers, pitch calling, working with umpires, and situational defensive play. Please provide your own catcher's gear.
- HITTING: We will focus on basic fundamentals of the swing. We will introduce multiple drills to learn and perfect the swing. No matter your age or ability, this clinic will address your needs.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS: No refunds will be issued after January 3rd, 2019. Even if you cancel before the cancellation date, you will still be charged the credit card surcharge and processing fee. If a participant leaves due to illness, injury, family emergency, or homesickness, the clinic fee is non-refundable. Registrations are also non-transferable, meaning the participant cannot transfer to a later clinic.