CSC Hoop Shoot
|2018 CSC HOOP SHOOT|
This tournament will be held on the campus of Chadron State College and at other locations throughout Chadron, NE. It is hosted by the Chadron State Men's and Women's Basketball teams.
|Boys & Girls Grades 4th - 8th|
Dates: March 23rd - 25th
Cost: $150 per Team
Location: Chicoine Event Center, Physical Activity Center, Armstrong Gym | South Main St. | Chadron, NE
Entry Fee Includes: Guarantee of four games, players' passes and two coaches' passes per team for admission.
Release Waiver: A release waiver must be filled out for each player. Please email all team waivers together to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it with your payment.
Brackets: Pool play will be held on Friday evening and into Saturday. Seeding will take place at the conclusion of pool play. This will be followed by a tournament for each division which will begin on Saturday or Sunday.
National High School federation Rules Will be Used with the Following Exceptions:
- Each team must supply one adult score keeper at the scorer’s table for each game that the team is scheduled.
- Games will consist of four 8 minute quarters with a running clock. The clock will stop for free throws and time-outs only. If the score is within 10 points, the clock will stop during the last two minutes of the game on all whistles.
- Teams will have 3 time-outs per regulation that will last 45 seconds.
- Overtime periods will be 2 minutes using a stopped clock. Teams will have one additional time-out in OT. If an additional OT is required, it will be sudden death with no time-outs allotted.
- Game time is forfeit time. Teams will be permitted to play with no less than four players.
- Half-time will be 3 minutes.
- Pressing is illegal in the 4th and 5th grade division. Defensive players may pick up the offense once the ball has crossed half court. Teams in all divisions with a 15 point advantage may not press.
- Zone defenses are not to be used in the 4th and 5th grade division. First violation will be a warning, second violation will be a technical foul.
- An intermediate (28.5) ball will be used for all division.
- Players are allowed 5 personal fouls. Bonus free throws will be awarded on the opposition’s seventh team foul in each half with the two shot bonus awarded on the team’s 10th foul.
When seeding for tournaments tie breakers are as follows for teams within the same pool.
- Head to head competition.
- Whoever allowed the fewest total points in all games played.
- When seeding for teams that have the same record in opposing pools the team that gave up the fewest total points will receive the higher seed.
- All teams must have uniform shirts with visible numbers.
- Positive sportsmanship is a requirement. Any coach or player who receives 2 unsportsmanlike technical fouls during the tournament will be ejected for the remainder of the tournament. The tournament administration reserves the right to refuse entry applications.
- The tournament does not provide basketballs for team warm-ups.
- Daily admission will be posted.