Basic Skills Camp
2019 Basic Skills Camp
June 10th - 13th
Ages: 6 - 11
Time: 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
**Early Bird Camp Fee: $100 through April 30th
**Camp Fee: $120 after April 30th
**Each camper receives a camp basketball & camp t-shirt**
Family Discount: $10 Off
Group Discount of 10 or More: $10 Off
MSU Employees / Military Discount: $10 Off
(Miltary ID must be shown)
D.L. Ligon Coliseum on Midwestern State University Campus.
The address is 3410 Taft Blvd., Wichita Falls, TX 76308.
Features of Skills Camp
- MSU Women’s Basketball Coaching Staff and players
- Contest and games
- Certified Athletic Trainer on site
- Camps held in D. L. Ligon Coliseum
- Each camper will receive a collegiate level basketball instruction from college coaches and players.
- Basketball instruction will be broken down and so that every young player will increase their knowledge and fundamental skills of the sport of basketball.
- Campers will focus on the basic skills of basketball which include dribbling, passing, shooting, defensive positioning, etc.
- This camp is designed to provide a solid foundation for young athletes planning for an athletic future in the sport of basketball.
- Instruction and demonstration of basketball fundamentals
- Instructors include Head Coach Noel Johnson, Coach Reay, Coach Jackson and current/former MSU players
- Basic Dribbling
- Fun Basketball Games
- Shooting/Dribbling Contests
- Camp Focus Areas
- The basic mechanics of shooting a basketball
- Basic Basketball Passing Techniques
- Teamwork – Learning to play together
- Introduce the fun skills of basketball
Camp Phone Numbers
- (940) 867-7461
- (940) 397-4406
Please Feel Free to Bring a Small Bag with the Following Items
Small towel, sealed water bottle, and a good pair of basketball shoes (please no black soles). Also, extra cash is recommended for snack and drinks provided at the camp.