Mike Trader's Mid-America Basketball Camps
2018 Winter Clinic
Develop individual skills including shooting, 1 on 1 moves, ball handling, footwork and contests. All participants will be divided into age and skill appropriate levels.
- Shooting: Participants will be taught the proper form and technique for shooting. Emphasis will be placed on balance, elbow positioning, foot plants, proper ball positioning, release and hand positioning on the basketball along with the rhythm of shooting.
- 1 on 1 moves: Players will be taught 1 on 1 moves off of the catch and the dribble. Moves will include onside and crossover moves, combination moves, jab step and shot, hesitation moves and commando drills. These drills will be broken down and then executed at full speed.
- Ball Handling: These drills will be taught with one and two basketballs. Stationary and moving drills will be taught while teaching control of the basketball. This clinic will provide the players to learn new drills that will help in their development no matter what level of skill level.
- Footwork: Footwork is the essence of offensive and defensive basketball. Footwork will be emphasized in all concepts of basketball including shooting, 1 on 1 moves, ball handling and movement with and without the ball.
- Contests: There will be contests throughout each session
The aims of the clinic will be to develop individual skills and have fun. Each session will include periods emphasizing teaching skills and also scheduling contests and games. The campers will be divided into appropriate age levels so each player will have an opportunity to succeed.
The aims of this clinic will be to teach and develop individual skills and have fun.
Health & Insurance
We ask each attending camper to be covered by his own personal or family accident and illness insurance. Please list your personal or family insurance company on the application blank on the back page of this form, along with other pertinent insurance information. Campers who do not have personal or family insurance are responsible for their own insurance and must show proof of coverage to attend camp.